At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as an IT Manager /Lead at Accurx
In this role as IT Lead at Accurx, you'll discover an exciting opportunity to manage our IT associates and engineers, driving innovation and ensuring that our IT operations run like clockwork. Reporting into our Head of Business Operations, you’ll be a keystone in helping us build out our IT estate to match the rate in which we are growing.
Some of the projects that you can expect to work on include domain segregation and transfer, implementing device security policies, physical network expansion into our new office, and identity and access management of our application landscape.
- You'll design, own and manage a wide spectrum of technical projects, spearheading the evolution of Accurx's IT strategy and helping us adapt to our rapid growth.
- You will lead and inspire a team of IT associates and engineers, creating a nurturing environment that empowers them to excel and providing mentorship and professional development that promote career growth.
- As a point of escalation for the current team, you’ll address technical challenges across the organisation, offering vital IT support across the business.
- Practising pragmatism in our procurement decisions for both hardware and software, you’ll ensure cost-effective solutions that align with our business needs.
- You’ll effectively prioritise and allocate resources to manage key projects that contribute to our IT excellence.
- Collaborating with various functions within our technology-driven company, you’ll guarantee the seamless day-to-day IT operations of our business and contribute to its overall success.
What the team says...
“This is an awesome opportunity to create impact through meaningful work! Beginning to mature our IT environment, there will be plenty of projects to get stuck into and processes to form! Not to mention supporting accufolk, getting to know them and finding new ways of solving the problems they have!” - James Ashton, IT Engineer
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have strong technical knowledge and experience. You can provide expert support across various domains, including administration of enterprise Google environments, Microsoft Enterprise environments, Mac enterprise management and service desk tools.
- You can understand and investigate a technical problem and design a well-thought out solution that takes into account environments, size of business, as well as scalability and security.
- You have owned technical transformation projects end-to-end, working with suppliers, contractors and internal teams to implement setup technical environments in a growing organisation
- You understand foundational networking concepts, with the ability to work with networking experts to design and engineer an internal network for a growing org.
- You have experience in managing a team or are an aspiring team manager that can showcase strong leadership skills.
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills enable you to convey technical concepts effectively to non-technical individuals.
- You demonstrate a strong ability to engage and manage stakeholders effectively.
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
💰 £55,000 - £75,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options
📚 £1,000 annual learning & development budget
🐣 Enhanced parental leave policy
🙏 Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
🗣 In house therapists available daily
🌴 Working abroad policy
👩🍳We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
➕ much more
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B