At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as an Engineering Manager I at Accurx
At Accurx we highly value creating an environment in which our engineers can thrive and grow. Your primary focus as an Engineering Manager I will be to do this for the engineers you manage, and to work alongside the rest of the Engineering Manager team to improve our engineering organisation as we scale. Engineering Managers at Accurx are primarily people managers; this role is very much a hands-off role, and you will not be involved generally in the day to day delivery of product teams.
As an Engineering Manager I, you’ll be managing between 4 and 8 software engineers across one or more teams and honing your craft as an Engineering Manager, growing and learning from more experienced managers around you.
Your role will focus on key areas:
- Onboarding: You'll be responsible for helping engineers to successfully land into the company well and complete their probation - so they can quickly become happy and productive members of their team
- Performance and progression: You will regularly hold 1:1s and have goal setting conversations with your direct reports, coaching them and helping them understand where they are performing well, and where their areas of improvement are alongside our Career Progression Framework and bi-annual performance reviews
- Stakeholder relationships: You’ll build solid relationships with stakeholders across the organisation to support the engineers, including Tech Leads, Product Managers, Talent partners, People team and VP Engineering.
- Engineering culture: You'll help us take the Accurx values and instil them into everything we do as Engineering leaders. You will be a role model, helping maintain our values and a strong sense of belonging across the whole engineering organisation. You’ll collaborate with Engineering Managers, improve and iterate on our engineering organisation’s health and effectiveness.
- Projects: You’ll be involved in collaborative projects with the Engineering Manager team that will help our engineering organisation scale. This includes running hackathons, iterating our career framework, and representing the Accurx brand and community through blogs and events
- Interviewing: You’ll play a crucial role in our hiring processes by taking part in interviews and also in scaling our processes so we can continue to attract a diverse talent pool
What the team say ...
Sareh - Senior Product Engineer
My Engineering Manager led on a detailed update to the Engineering Progression framework, getting feedback from many of us in the organisation, fed that into the process and communicated it clearly and effectively during workshops with all the engineers. This had a positive impact on the wider engineering community here and ensured we are set up well for future growth in the organisation."
Thomas - Engineering Manager 1
"Accurx has supported and enabled me to grow massively as an Engineering Manager! From; ramping up in the number of engineers I oversee and supporting them, getting hugely involved in hiring, improving interview processes and improving our internal progression framework - all interesting challenges to solve"
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You are early into your line management journey, you have experience managing multiple engineers
- You enjoy coaching engineers, help them to set and track objectives and provide insightful performance reviews
- You are passionate about improving processes within the engineering or product organisation
- You leverage data and feedback in decision making as you collaborate with your peers
- You’re comfortable in a primarily people management-focussed role, where delivery and hands-on coding is not expected
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £70,000 - £90,000 salary + the value of £50,750 share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings).
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B