At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. You can view more about the impact we’ve had so far here.
Life as an Engineering Manager at Accurx
As an Engineering Manager, your job is to create an environment for other Engineers to thrive and grow at Accurx. This breaks down into some key areas:
- Onboarding: Getting up to speed in new codebases in new industries can be really hard at the best of times. You'll help us support people from moment of signing through to their successful probation so they start shipping code that affects millions fast.
- Performance and progression: Whilst we have performance reviews every 6 months, we know that as we grow the team will need a more formal progression framework to support different career moves. You'll help us craft this and check it meets the needs of all our Engineers and our standards on diversity and inclusion.
- Engineering management culture: Building a brilliant management function at Accurx has always been something close to our hearts, and engineering is no different. You'll help us take the Accurx values and instil them into everything we do as Engineers.
- Interviewing: Scaling up and out our interview process so we can continue to attract a diverse talent pool is crucial. You'll help us build out a repeatable interview framework to support the hiring of the next 100 engineers into the business.
- Learning and development: You'll help us ensure that engineers feel challenged, that they can learn both on and off the job effectively and there's a mixture of planned learning (like masterclasses/lightning talks).
What the team say ...,
Emma - Product Engineer
"For me the best thing about the Engineering team at Accurx is how willing everyone is to share knowledge and help each other - we spend lots of time pair programming and I always feel comfortable asking engineers in my team for help!"
Calum - Engineering Manager
"Hiring an Engineering Manager is incredibly important to ensure we provide an environment for our Engineers to thrive!"
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have experience in managing Product / Software Engineering teams
- You care deeply about people and their professional development
- You obsess over company culture and values and bringing those into everything we do as engineers
- You're passionate about improving healthcare
- You're mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- You're excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values
Salary and benefits package
- £70,000 - £115,000 salary + meaningful share options (see our public progression framework and salary bandings).
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.