At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as a Bid Manager at Accurx
We’ve spent the last 24 months taking our first premium product offering (Accurx Plus) to market, and you will be joining at a very exciting time! We created Accurx Plus for Primary Care (GP Practices) to use and we’ve been selling Plus at all levels of the healthcare system, from GP Practices to NHS-England. We’ve a growing footprint in the Secondary Care environment signing new business innovation contracts to deliver innovative digital solutions that address more system wide communication challenges.
With a high level of adoption within GP Practices, and a focus to grow in Secondary Care settings (hospitals, mental health services), we are seeing a year on year increase in the number of tenders. These tenders are increasing in size, and of higher importance as we seek to simultaneously retain our existing customer base and grow in new markets.
Utilising public sector frameworks, we looking for a Bid Manager to take our approach to tenders to the next level and give us a competitive advantage with them as we prepare for delivery of growth into Secondary Care and beyond the UK.
As a Bid Manager, the key competencies/responsibilities of your role will include:
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills and be able to work to frequently challenging & conflicting timescales in order to manage the tender response from qualification to submission, ensuring these are successfully delivered on time.
- Proven ability for crafting high quality 'best in class' responses for tenders by working with subject matters experts & using your own knowledge to build responses that consistently 'exceed client expectations'.
- Demonstrate innovation and problem solving skills to enable tender requirements to not only be met but exceeded wherever possible whilst remaining compliant to the procurement requirements.
- Apply learning from bid feedback and market requirements to enhance and improve each tender response.
Stakeholder Management & Communication
- Demonstrate the ability to align, motivate and lead a tender team of non-direct reports in the delivery of a complex, time sensitive project in order to achieve a successful outcome.
- Demonstrate high levels of effective communication using a variety of tools and methods according to the requirement of the project and the team.
Sales Alignment & Enhancement
- Identify upcoming opportunities with account owners to ensure that both the bid function and key business areas are set up for success through aligned and clear win strategies.
- Understand sales and pursuit management to inform of potential risks and areas of opportunity such that these are proactively approached in a tender role.
Procurement and Commercial Understanding
- Provide public sector tender and procurement knowledge and application in the pursuit of continuous win rate improvement.
- Demonstrate financial and commercial understanding such that a key pillar of tender success is analysis and determination of the best commercial strategy for the response with the account lead.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Support a model of continuous improvement by embracing tender retro, win / loss, and tools & processes reviews as part of the overall tender process.
What the team say ...
“The opportunity within Accurx is incredible, with a truly value driven and collaborative approach to delivering an improved solution for healthcare communications. It motivates the Accurx teams to continuous review, learn, and develop both our products and personal skills. Customers love our products and the issues we fix positively impacts millions daily, which only compels us to continue to do more great work” Andrew, Bid Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have experience in responding to Tenders with a contract value in excess of £1m.
- You have experience in responding to public sector tenders, particularly in the England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland NHS landscape.
- You have been trained and delivered consistent success working in a sales and account management environment where tender responses were a core aspect of the role.
- You are an excellent project manager and communicator that is highly capable of coordinating a large team to deliver to a deadline.
- You a skilled bid writer with the ability to articulate competitive advantage and differentiation.
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You love solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a growth business throws your way
- You are always thinking about how to improve things and able to coach the bid team and business through any changes.
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal
Salary & Benefits package:
💰 £45,000 - £65,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
📚 £1,000 annual learning & development budget
🐣 Enhanced parental leave policy
🙏 Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
🗣 In house therapists available daily
🌴 Working abroad policy
👩🍳We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
...And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B