At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier.
Who are Accurx?
We’re a fast-growing health technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists and administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2022 summer conference!
Life as an Analytics Engineer at Accurx...
You’ll lead the drive to build well-tested, up-to-date and documented datasets that the rest of the company can use to answer their own questions.
Working closely with Data Engineers, you'll help with data integrations and data quality alerts and support them in planning long term automations.
With Data Analysts, you'll understand their reporting needs and provide them with accurate and comprehensive data models.
Supporting long term data strategy planning, you'll collaborate with the wider company to understand business needs on accessing and collecting data, proposing appropriate solutions and prioritising automation vs manual process.
Owning our Power BI reporting instance:
- You’ll monitor the instance to make sure data is secure and shared accordingly to our guidelines
- You’ll make sure dataflows and datasets are updated and ready to be used
- You’ll set standards on how dataflows and datasets are built and delivered
As an active & engaged member of the team:
- You’ll promote and execute data governance practises
- You’ll mentor & teach junior members
- You’ll help shape and move forward the function of the Data team
What the team say...
“Join our glorious new team, with the chance to work in a collaborative and fun environment. Help us shape the future of data at Accurx, bring your voice and be a part of our growing data community!” - Elena
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience working as part of a data team; preferably as either a Data Analyst or Data Engineer
- You are comfortable adopting software engineering best practices like version control and using Git. Teaching others how to adopt these best practices
- You are a SQL whiz! You know how to write SQL which is easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and that is highly performant
- You have good understanding of data modelling best practises
- You have good knowledge of at least one modern programming language, ideally Python
- You are able to build and maintain multi-functional relationships with various teams across the business
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders and are passionate about enabling them to access data
- You have knowledge of data governance and data quality management concepts and you have previously contributed in a data governance project
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits:
- £60,000 - £85,000 salary + meaningful share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers.
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our employee handbook. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Accurx provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Accurx is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B
What employees are saying
"Amazing company to work for. Company culture is amazing. When I let my friends know of all the activities and benefits of the company, they want to work for the company as well. So I am super happy that I found this company. Totally amazing workplace and people."
Anonymous accuRx Employee