Various work from home options
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
Following our recent and very exciting news around our IPO announcement, we are building out our Data Engineering Team of skilled Data Engineers (from Mid-weight to Lead level) across the UK.
At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Data Engineer, you will be a valued person enabling government organisations to become data-driven and data-led as a part of Made Tech’s Data team, who’s mission it is to enable data driven services to drive higher value business outcomes for UK citizens.
In this role you feel empowered to:
- Help define, shape and perfect data strategies across central and local government agencies, ensuring they’re getting the most use out of their data and also understanding it’s value
- Be a trusted advisor, providing expert guidance on designing and building out reliable and modern data platforms in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Work on the implementations of data pipelines and efficient storage mechanisms
Even if you don't have knowledge of all of the below, we still want to hear from you! We are committed to the training and development of our Engineers.
Generally we look for:
- Knowledgeable with data pipeline using native tooling in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or the Apache stack
- Experienced building out or improving data architectures (modern data platforms)
- Programming languages: SQL, Python, or Java
- Experienced working with various data storage technologies, such as: data lakes, data warehouses and traditional SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Apache Spark / Databricks / Hadoop
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break