Comma are looking for a SDET to join their team.
Our mission is to remove the pain from payments. Our vision is to create a step change in how payments are made by small business - to make money move faster through the whole supply chain.
Comma is an open banking bulk payment system. It handles the boring but important stuff - bills, salaries, and taxes. We get to market through bookkeepers and accountants by enabling payment services. This helps small and micro businesses who don't have access to corporate banking.
We've just raised a high profile seed round and we are experiencing the challenges and excitement of a growing team. We have a lot of demand for what we are providing and are inundated with product requirements and feedback from our engaging customer base. The first version of our product written in React / Typescript / Node, hosted on AWS Lambda.
You will be an acting Senior Software Engineer with ownership of the testing suite, operating within our cross-functional Engineering tribe. You will be the subject expert for everything test related, capable of showing the team members how to build and test best quality in our products, supporting them to draw feedback about the quality delivered across automated and manual tests, ensuring their releases are reliable, stable, meeting the high standards of quality set.
- Ensure the team has a growing understanding of how quality is built which will be evident by fewer bugs going to production and a feeling of independent confidence by each Engineer in the quality provided at a faster velocity.
- Establish an end-to-end testing suite
- Delivering defined metrics around quality which will be tracked with consistency via an automated approach.
- Establish time effective, reliable feedback on the quality delivered by the team through performing manual and automated validations of the changes within the release.
- Manifest a collaborative, inclusive culture in the creation and improvement of test tools, libraries and frameworks. Overseeing their consistent application across the team.
- Knowledge share and mentor other Testers and team members
Who you are
Passionate about quality and test automation, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Extensive experience of software testing process and best practices, able to deliver end-to-end test coverage
- Comfortable testing software with varying stakeholders, both internal and external
- Expert analytical skills, paired with critical thinking
- Solid understanding of the inner workings of how features can be tested
- Experience of software development processes and methodologies, especially agile (scrum, kanban)
- Background working with Github, DevOps methodologies (Nice to have)
- Fantastic time-management skills
What will you receive?
We know the working environment is a critical part of anyone's decision to join a new company, which is why we've put a lot of emphasis on creating a culture that cares about our customers, each other and the mission. We offer complete remote working and flexible hours; we don’t need to see people every day to know they’re doing a great job.
People don't work for Comma; people are a part of Comma. This is why everyone has share options in the business. Our success comes from your hard work and dedication. We want to build a talented team that will remain nimble. A place everybody can grow and shape. Your development matters to us and we will facilitate you to ensure your time at Comma propels you to where you want to be in your career.
Knowledge sharing is paramount to success and so we have a group of talented advisors from companies like Amazon, Improbable, Revolut, WageStream and fast growing startups to help advise should you need it.
Comma is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation’s growth and success.