Made Tech are public sector technology delivery experts. They help the UK public sector, from health to government, transform the way they deliver technology.
Now a team of 145 people across 5 locations (London, Manchester, Bristol and Swansea), Made Tech plan to treble in size over the next 3-4 years.
Made Tech's Senior Delivery Managers help public sector organisations accelerate digital delivery, drive efficiency and ultimately improve society.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Hiring at Made Tech continues as usual. Our team are now all working remotely so all interviews will be facilitated remotely too. Hopefully this will still be a good experience for candidates. (feedback welcome)
We're even setup to on-board any new starters remotely should we need to. All our projects are setup to continue remotely as well :)
Salary range up to £75k per annum plus a range of excellent benefits. Apply below.
Our Senior Delivery Managers help public sector organisations accelerate digital delivery, drive efficiency and ultimately improve society. They do this by leading multiple large-scale teams, ensuring the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services and building and managing strategic relationships.
At Made Tech we want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society. We help public sector organisations deliver quality software to help citizens get more from public services. To do this we work alongside brilliant public servants to modernise technology and accelerate digital delivery.
- As a Senior Delivery Manager you will be responsible for complex, transformational deliveries for one or multiple clients. We'll expect you to take a key leadership role throughout the delivery lifecycle, typically managing high-complexity, high-risk projects, right from the Discovery phase through to launching, and often supporting and iterating a live service or product. This role sits between Delivery Manager and Delivery Principal levels and you might find yourself leading a delivery (hands-on) for a few months and then move to lead a small account (hands-off) with a couple of workstreams within it.
- We expect you to be able to lead most types of digital deliveries, such as a service Discovery phase or build and development within a Beta phase and to be comfortable dealing with highly complex situations and delivery issues, autonomously. Through your role as either hands-on or hands-off delivery practitioner, you will ensure the right value is always delivered to our customer’s end users and that we always find ways to help our customers, beyond the typical DM responsibilities. You will work with a range of stakeholders, including Product Owners, senior stakeholders, third-party services to build strong customer relationships & be the point person for regular communications and escalations. Through those interactions, you will work to demonstrate value-add, advise our clients on delivery issues and explore opportunities for Made Tech to support them even further.
- This is primarily a hands-on role and the importance of credibility in internet-era approaches to digital and technology in the public sector cannot be understated. You will be expected to maintain a broad knowledge of modern software delivery practices and be able to articulate benefits and debate use of different modern software development practices. We expect you to be fluent in different agile & lean methodologies, and have experience in critically applying these in different types of deliveries. You will also be expected to share this knowledge with both the wider customer and Made Tech businesses.
Finally, you will support the growth of individuals in your team and work with them to develop their strengths while delivering successful outcomes for clients. You will also coach and support our Delivery Managers to steer their team's towards success. You might also be responsible for hiring and line managing Delivery Managers in your regions.
What we need from you
While we will look for you to have experience in these things, if you don't have one of these don't let that stop you applying.
- Working directly with customers and users
- The ability to drive and facilitate creative solutions to user, business and technical problems.
- Strong understanding of what makes teams high performing and a proven track record of forming, leading and improving high performing, cross-functional teams
- Strong experience of leading and managing teams at different stages of the team’s lifecycle
- Strong experience in leading projects of various complexity - you will have led technical discoveries, greenfield digital deliveries, alpha phases (if you have public sector experience) and so on.
- Strong understanding of agile delivery techniques and lean ways of working
- Strong experience with modern software development practices
- Drive to deliver outcomes for users and a proven track record of doing so
- Desire to coach and mentor others
- Empathy and people skills
- Evidence of self-development – we value keen learners
- Working with a budgets or financial framework
Don't forget to mention any of the experiences listed below. While it's optional, it's all highly desired!
- Experience leading multiple (2-3) teams effectively
- Working with multidisciplinary digital and technology teams
- Working within a technology consultancy
- Working within bid teams to win contracts
- Working within the public sector
- Pro-active involvement in the wider agile community
- Experience in hiring DM teams
- Pro-active involvement in the wider agile community / meetups
What we will provide you
Balancing life and work:
✈️ Flexible Holiday – We trust you to take as much holiday as you need
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours – We are flexible with what hours you work
🗓️ Flexible Working Days – We are flexible to the amount of days you work in a week
👶 Flexible Parental Leave – We provide flexible parental leave options
👩💻 Remote Working – We offer part-time remote working for all our staff
🤗 Paid counselling – We offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice
🏖️ Paid anniversary break – We celebrate your 3 and 5 year anniversary with us by buying your family a holiday
Making work as fabulous as possible:
💻 Work Ready – We'll buy you a Macbook, ergonomic equipment, books, conferences, training, and more
💡 Learn Tech – We spend every Friday afternoon learning rather than working
🍽️ Friday Lunches – We randomly match up 8 colleagues every Friday and pay for lunch
🍻 Friday Drinks – We pay for social drinks on a Friday
Compensating you fairly:
💷 Transparent Salary Bands – We publish salary bands so you know you're being fairly compensated
👌 Annual Salary Reviews – We review your salary on an annual basis
⛷️ Pension Scheme – We provide a pension scheme so you can save for your future and we'll contribute to it
🚄 Season Ticket Loan – We provide loans to help you pay for your travel
🚲 Cycle To Work Scheme – We offer the cycle to work scheme to help pay for your bicycle
🚕 Expenses Paid – Taxi to a meeting? Want to take a customer to lunch? Expenses are no hassle!
💻 Help To Buy Tech – A more affordable way for our team to buy the latest tech gadgets