We make journeys easier and more enjoyable by giving our customers and their passengers a stronger sense of control. From disruption management to hyper-personalised pre-departure communications and mobile boarding passes, we build the technology to help companies stay connected with their customers at every stage of their journey.
Established in 2000, we have since grown to become one of the travel industry’s major suppliers of passenger messaging solutions. More than 50 airlines, rail and travel management companies, including British Airways, CWT, Qantas, Ryanair and JetBlue use our notifications platform. With exciting ideas for the future, it’s time for us to expand our growing team and we’re hoping you are who we’re looking for.
As Architect, you are responsible for the technical design and architecture of our products and the implementation of our technical strategy
- Participating in the development of the technical strategy in collaboration with key colleagues and ensuring that the strategy remains appropriate and relevant for the medium and long-term requirements of the business and its customers.
- Collaborating with colleagues to understand and implement the activities needed to deliver the technical strategy and meet its objectives, ensuring that the potential benefits of the activities are fully realised.
- Responsible for providing architectural and technical guidance for the product and project teams to ensure that sound application design and quality practices are implemented and followed.
- Direct communication link with customers at all stages of the SDLC to provide technical consultation and guidance, working together with Commercial Account Managers and Business Analysts during workshops and other customer meetings.
- Assisting and supporting BAs to produce solution designs for customer projects, as required.
- Participation in the DRC and CAB committees to provide technical authority and expertise to assist in decision making.
- Providing sound decision making for software and product development, ensuring that the constraints and needs of the business are considered alongside the overall technical strategy
- Host technical training, overviews and developer education sessions (DevEds)
- Participating in the evaluation of new technologies, languages, etc. for suitability and applicability, and assisting with their adoption if applicable
- Participating in project work when required in order to fulfil complex or new requirements
The kind of person you are
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience creating architectural and solution designs
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level management and external stakeholder
- Experience in providing technical guidance to other Developers and the wider team
- Excellent software development skills (C#, VB, XSLT, Web Api, ASP.NET
- Experience in the design and implementation of services, using WCF or other service-oriented technologies
- Experience using Visual Studio and Git
- Excellent Object Oriented design skills (Design Patterns, SOLID)
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions and containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure)
- Experience with MS SQL Server and messaging systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience of continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated integration testing
Skills to impress
- Experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development
- Airline Industry, Reservation Systems, Travel Industry
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Experience of writing high performance software (Threading, Async IO)
- Experience working with international teams
Flying high: yet still climbing
We know our stuff and are happy to share our knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game and strive to keep learning.
People are our passport to success: they're at the heart of everything we do
We develop strong relationships built on trust and respect, and always do the right thing by each other and our customers.
Accelerating forward: embracing change, challenge and growth
Whether it's for ourselves, our colleagues or our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve and to grow. We're not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change with enthusiasm.
All inclusive*: we're a strong, collaborative community
We share the same vision; to make 15below the best it can be. We pull together to make it a reality, look out for each other along the way and make sure everyone's voice is heard.
Enjoy the journey: bringing fun and positivity to everything we do
We're proud and passionate to be part of the 15below family, and never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is really important to us
*We are committed to maintaining our welcoming and open culture where differences are embraced. We know that some people are hesitant to apply for roles unless they tick every box, but if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t fully align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right person for this or other roles.
- Work is a big part of life, so it has to be motivating and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do the work you do best and be part of a fantastic team.
- 25 days annual holiday (increasing with service)
- Flexible public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- 5% employer pension contribution and salary sacrifice scheme
- Perkbox retail freebies and discounts
- £1,600 IT budget
- Fortnightly knowledge-sharing DevEds
- Friday ‘wind downs’ and company social events
- Flexible benefits (tech/mobile/holiday/bike schemes and season ticket loans)
- Work from anywhere scheme
We’re certified with Flexa, making us a ‘truly flexible employer’. Flexibility is part of our culture and if you’d like to know more about this then take a look at our Flexa profile
Wellbeing is very important to us and so we have a brilliant and holistic programme in place to support with everyone's home and work life. We’ve got lots of fantastic resources, practical guidance, and engaging sessions to help with mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Location: We are offering truly flexible working options so you can decide whether you want to work from home, from our central Brighton office or a bit of both (within the UK).
Hours: 37.5 per week, flexitime
Reports to: Operations Director
Application and interview process:
- Recruitment for us is all about finding the right person and so we don't have closing dates for applications
- We review applications as they are received. So please don't delay your application
We asked employees of 15below how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at 15below
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)