We make journeys easier and more enjoyable by giving our customers and their passengers a stronger sense of control. From disruption management to hyper-personalised pre-departure communications and mobile boarding passes, we build the technology to help companies stay connected with their customers at every stage of their journey.
Established in 2000, we have since grown to become one of the travel industry’s major suppliers of passenger messaging solutions. More than 50 airlines, rail and travel management companies, including British Airways, CWT, Qantas, Ryanair and JetBlue use our notifications platform. With exciting ideas for the future, it’s time for us to expand our growing team and we’re hoping you are who we’re looking for.
We’re looking for a keen problem solver and technical collaborator to join our team. We’re building for the future using .NET Core and you could have the opportunity to work with Kubernetes too.
You’ll be taking ownership and accountability to provide technical expertise to your team on a mixture of customer-specific projects and core 15below platform development
- Imparting technical and process knowledge to project teams to ensure sound application design and best practises are followed
- Being a super knowledgeable SME on our product and platform to provide support across the business
- Providing excellent technical input directly to our customers as well as within the business
- Supporting with solution and architectural design for customer projects
- Participating in the change management and design review team sessions to provide technical input and helping to make decisions
- Involvement in developing the long-term technical strategy and evaluating new and upcoming technologies/languages
- Using excellent problem-solving skills to configure the 15below platform and manage deployments
- Doing a small amount of front-end work designing and creating engaging email templates
- Developing for future sustainability in line with best practise, relevant standards and ever-changing technological developments
- Encourage and participate in pair-programming and TDD
- Unit testing your work and collaborating with our QA team too
- Providing top guidance and advice to our Support team
Skills we want
- 5+ years’ software development experience
- Excellent skills in C#, SQL, XSLT, Web Api, MVC and .NET Framework
- A problem solver and analytical thinker
- Experience in design and implementation of services, using WCF/other service-oriented tech
- Experience with Visual Studio and Git
- Experience inputting into architectural design and solutions
- Knowledge of how to approach scalability or resilience in the design of your solutions
- Experience in providing technical guidance to other Developers and the wider team
- Experience in TDD
- An understanding of business operations and commercial decisions
- Familiar with continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated integration testing
- BSc Computer Science or similar
Skills to impress
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2019, .NET Core/.NET 5 and/or Kubernetes
- Experience of messaging systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Experience of writing high performance software (Threading, Async IO)
- Airline Industry, Reservation Systems, Travel Industry
What kind of person you are
- Thrives on solving problems, loves grappling with complexity and can make the most difficult concepts easy to understand using sincere and clear communication skills
- Has a friendly ‘Can do’ attitude
- Collaborates effectively with other disciplines and can be trusted to deliver
- Wants to invent cool, progressive stuff that’s useful to the industry.
- Has calm presence of mind when it’s needed.
- Has a strong sensible streak – but knows how to have a bit of fun now and again.
Flying high: yet still climbing
We know our stuff and are happy to share our knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game and strive to keep learning.
People are our passport to success: they're at the heart of everything we do
We develop strong relationships built on trust and respect, and always do the right thing by each other and our customers.
Accelerating forward: embracing change, challenge and growth
Whether it's for ourselves, our colleagues or our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve and to grow. We're not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change with enthusiasm.
All inclusive*: we're a strong, collaborative community
We share the same vision; to make 15below the best it can be. We pull together to make it a reality, look out for each other along the way and make sure everyone's voice is heard.
Enjoy the journey: bringing fun and positivity to everything we do
We're proud and passionate to be part of the 15below family, and never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is really important to us
*We are committed to maintaining our welcoming and open culture where differences are embraced. We know that some people are hesitant to apply for roles unless they tick every box, but if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t fully align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right person for this or other roles.
Work is a big part of life, so it has to be motivating and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do the work you do best and be part of a fantastic team.
- 25 days annual holiday (increasing with service)
- Flexible public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- 5% employer pension contribution and salary sacrifice scheme
- Perkbox retail freebies and discounts
- £1,600 IT budget
- Fortnightly knowledge-sharing ‘DevEds’
- Friday ‘wind downs’ and company social events
- Flexible benefits (tech/mobile/holiday/bike schemes and season ticket loans)
We’re certified with Flexa, making us a ‘truly flexible employer’. Flexibility is part of our culture and if you’d like to know more about this then take a look at our Flexa profile
Wellbeing is very important to us and so we have a brilliant and holistic programme in place to support with everyone's home and work life. We’ve got lots of fantastic resources, practical guidance, and engaging sessions to help with mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Location: We are offering truly flexible working options so you can decide whether you want to work from home, from our central Brighton office or a bit of both (within the UK).
Hours: 37.5 per week, flexitime
Reports to: Development Team Lead
Application and interview process:
- Recruitment for us is all about finding the right person and so we don't have closing dates for applications
- We review applications as they are received. So please don't delay your application!
- Please provide both your CV and a cover letter telling us why you've applied for our role.
- Phone call: 30 minutes on Teams with our People Advisor
- Interview: 45 minutes on Teams with our People Advisor and Development Team Lead
- Interview & Test: 90 minutes on Teams including a technical test and discussion with our Development Manager and Development Team Lead
We asked employees of 15below how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at 15below
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)