Developer in Support (Brighton/Hybrid or Remote)
Remote-first – With Office Space
Core hours 10–4
We make journeys easier and more enjoyable by giving our customers and their passengers a stronger sense of control. From disruption management to hyper-personalised pre-departure communications and mobile boarding passes, we build the technology to help companies stay connected with their customers at every stage of their journey.
Established in 2000, we have since grown to become one of the travel industry’s major suppliers of passenger messaging solutions. More than 50 airlines, rail and travel management companies, including British Airways, CWT, Qantas, Ryanair and JetBlue use our notifications platform. With exciting ideas for the future, it’s time for us to expand our growing team and we’re hoping you are who we’re looking for.
We pride ourselves on our strong, customer focussed relationships; our Developers in Support interact with our customers on a daily basis, providing application support to enable the smooth operations of the 15below notification platform. You will:
- Provide first/second line support for our 15below platform and flagship products, including:
- Foster collaboration and communication amongst team members
- Escalate support issues appropriately and communicate proactively with the Service Delivery Manager.
Skills we want:
- You have recently graduated from a relevant degree in Computer Science (or a similar qualification) OR have 2+ years’ commercial experience in application support/ development, including .Net C#
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- You’re confident, clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- You have a passion for technology and the travel industry
- Most importantly you’ll be focused on what you need to achieve, whilst knowing how to have some fun
Skills to impress:
- Experience with RabbitMQ, WebAPI, WCF, SQL and XSLT
- Experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross platform development
- Test first mentality (TDD, BDD)
What kind of person you are:
- Thrives on solving problems, loves grappling with complexity and can make the most difficult concepts easy to understand using sincere and clear communication skills
- Has a friendly ‘Can do’ attitude
- Collaborates effectively with other disciplines and can be trusted to deliver
- Wants to invent cool, progressive stuff that’s useful to the industry.
- Has calm presence of mind when it’s needed.
- Has a strong sensible streak – but knows how to have a bit of fun now and again.
Our culture is at the heart of what we do every day, and travel is part of that too, that’s why we’re proud to live by our values.
Flying high: yet still climbing We know our stuff and are happy to share our knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game and strive to keep learning.
People are our passport to success: they're at the heart of everything we do We develop strong relationships built on trust and respect, and always do the right thing by each other and our customers.
Accelerating forward: embracing change, challenge and growth Whether it's for ourselves, our colleagues or our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve and to grow. We're not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change with enthusiasm.
All inclusive*: we're a strong, collaborative community We share the same vision; to make 15below the best it can be. We pull together to make it a reality, look out for each other along the way and make sure everyone's voice is heard.
Enjoy the journey: bringing fun and positivity to everything we do We're proud and passionate to be part of the 15below family, and never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is really important to us.
* We are committed to maintaining our welcoming and open culture where differences are embraced. We know that some people are hesitant to apply for roles unless they tick every box, but if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t fully align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right person for this or other roles.
Work is a big part of life, so it has to be motivating and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do the work you do best and be part of a fantastic team. We also offer many perks including:
- 25 days annual holiday (increasing with service)
- Flexible public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- 5% employer contribution pension scheme
- Perkbox retail freebies and discounts
- £1,600 IT budget
- Fortnightly knowledge-sharing ‘DevEds’
- Friday ‘wind downs’ and company social events
- Flexible benefits (tech/mobile/holiday/bike schemes and season ticket loans)
- Work from anywhere scheme
Wellbeing is very important to us and so we have a brilliant and holistic programme in place to support with everyone's home and work life. We’ve got lots of fantastic resources, practical guidance, and engaging sessions to help with mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Location: We are offering truly flexible working options so you can decide whether you want to work from home, from our central Brighton office or a bit of both (within the UK).
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
Application and interview process:
- Recruitment for us is all about finding the right person and so we don't have closing dates for applications
- We review applications as they are received. So please don't delay your application!
- Please provide both your CV and a cover letter telling us why you've applied for our role.
- Stage one interview: 45 minutes on Teams with our People Advisor
- Stage two: 2 hour Teams or in-person technical test and interview with our Service Delivery Manager and Support Architect
We asked employees of 15below how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at 15below
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
15below are by far the most flexible company I've ever worked for. The company understands why it's important to have a work/life balance and a comfortable environment to work in, and everyone goes above and beyond to ensure employees are happy, motivated and fulfilled in their career.