We’re looking for a keen problem solver to join our development team to help the world’s top airlines keep their passengers informed and empowered on their journeys, every step of the way. We work with 50+ of the world’s best-known travel brands like British Airways, Ryanair, Cathay Pacific, Etihad and Air Canada who need us now more than ever. We’re building for the future using .NET Core and you could have the opportunity to work with Kubernetes too.
You’ll be working closely within a development team on a mixture of customer-specific projects and core 15below platform development
- Estimating work and participating in planning activities
- Using excellent problem-solving skills to configure the 15below platform and manage deployments
- Doing a small amount of front-end work designing and creating engaging email templates
- Working with the business to maintain back logs
- Developing for future product sustainability in line with best practise, relevant standards and ever-changing technological developments
- Unit testing your work and collaborating with our QA team too
- Providing top guidance and advice to our Support team
- Being a super knowledgeable SME on our product and platform to provide support across the business
- Involvement in developing the long-term technical strategy and evaluating new and upcoming technologies/languages
Skills we want
- 3+ years’ software development experience
- C# .NET Framework, SQL, Web Api and MVC
- Experience with Visual Studio and Git
- A problem solver and analytical thinker
- Familiar with continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated integration testing
- BSc Computer Science or similar
Skills to impress
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2019, XSLT, HTML, .NET Core/NET 5 and/or Kubernetes
- Experience of messaging systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Airline Industry, Reservation Systems, Travel Industry
Flying high: yet still climbing
We know our stuff and are happy to share our knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game and strive to keep learning.
People are our passport to success: they're at the heart of everything we do
We develop strong relationships built on trust and respect, and always do the right thing by each other and our customers.
Accelerating forward: embracing change, challenge and growth
Whether it's for ourselves, our colleagues or our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve and to grow. We're not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change with enthusiasm.
All inclusive*: we're a strong, collaborative community
We share the same vision; to make 15below the best it can be. We pull together to make it a reality, look out for each other along the way and make sure everyone's voice is heard.
Enjoy the journey: bringing fun and positivity to everything we do
We're proud and passionate to be part of the 15below family, and never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is really important to us.
*We are committed to maintaining our welcoming and open culture where differences are embraced. We know that some people are hesitant to apply for roles unless they tick every box, but if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t fully align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right person for this or other roles.
Work is a big part of life, so it has to be motivating and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do the work you do best and be part of a fantastic team. We also offer many perks including:
- 25 days annual holiday (increasing with service)
- Flexible public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- 5% employer pension contribution and salary sacrifice scheme
- Perkbox retail freebies and discounts
- £1,600 IT budget
- Fortnightly knowledge-sharing ‘DevEds’
- Friday ‘wind downs’ and company social events
- Flexible benefits (tech/mobile/holiday/bike schemes and season ticket loans)
- Work from anywhere scheme
Wellbeing is very important to us and so we have a brilliant and holistic programme in place to support with everyone's home and work life. We’ve got lots of fantastic resources, practical guidance, and engaging sessions to help with mental, physical, and financial wellbeing. This includes regular and fun activities such as mindfulness and desk yoga as well as schemes to look after your health with eyecare vouchers and annual flu jabs.
Location: We are offering truly flexible working options so you can decide whether you want to work from home, from our central Brighton office or a bit of both (within the UK).
Hours: 37.5 per week, flexitime
Reports to: Development Team Lead
1. 60 minute Teams interview with our People Advisor and Development Team Lead
2. 90 minute Teams or in-person technical assessment and discussion with our Development Team Lead and Development Manager
We asked employees of 15below how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at 15below
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)