Who we are
At Wayve, we are developing breakthrough AI to reimagine mobility. We are solving autonomous vehicles differently by pioneering end-to-end deep learning which allows cars to drive in complex, never-seen-before environments. Our AV 2.0 driving system can adapt to any driving domain, vehicle platform or mobility need, delivering on the promise of a scalable, affordable solution that will transform the way we move about the world.
Founded in 2017, Wayve is made up of a global team of experts in machine learning and robotics. Wayve has raised over $258M and is backed by Eclipse Ventures, Balderton Capital and prominent technology leaders such as Sir Richard Branson and Yann LeCun. The team is headquartered in London with their fleet of vehicles testing in cities across the UK. Wayve aims to be the first to deploy autonomy in 100 cities.
Where you will have an impact
Robot Reliability Engineering is a hybrid between software and systems engineering that works to build and maintain services that are reliable, scalable and observable. You will work in small teams to write code, debug hard problems which impact real world applications and help us win the space-race of the 2020’s: Autonomous Driving. If you have experience as a Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Production Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or Robotics Engineer with a focus on performance and systems you’ll be well prepared for this role, but we encourage anyone who’s passionate about systems, scale and reliability to apply!
As a Robot Reliability Engineer working in Robot Software, you will be responsible for building and deploying our AV stack at scale. This includes responsibilities like writing integration with sensors and our DBW, adding observability in our systems, improving the performance and reliability of the different components in our autonomy stack, and improving our software deployment to enable driving anywhere and everywhere our vehicles go.
What you will bring to Wayve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for problem solving
- Debugging skills, including an ability to delve deep on things like performance issues, stack traces, high system load, etc
- Experience ensuring that software, hardware, and a network of the systems work optimally and securely
- Experience developing software for Linux-based systems
- An understanding of how distributed systems operate, either in cloud or robotics systems, and how to make these types of systems more scalable and performant
- Demonstrable exposure to C++ and Python in industry or in field robotics
- Programming skills in a performant systems language like Rust, C++, C, or similar
- Experience writing high-performance code in Python and SQL
- Experience or interest working with observability and dashboard tools like Grafana,Datadog, Honeycomb, etc
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation with salary and equity
- Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
- A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.
This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Principal Research Engineer
- Applied Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Director of Science
- Engineering Manager
- Senior GPU Performance Engineer
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Principal Software Engineer, Robot Software
- Internal Communications Manager
- Field Engineer, Field Engineering
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Platform Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Software Engineer, Simulation at Scale
- Lead QA and Release Engineer, Simulation
- Director, Automotive Partnerships
- Global Supply Manager, Hardware
- Senior Software Systems Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Mechanical Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack