We are searching for a dedicated individual with a strong influencing skills who have a solid background in cost management and holding commercial teams to account for financial performance.
This newly created role will be responsible for developing robust processes to handle the cost base for the division, c£150m, and ensuring the correct accounting treatments are applied for the spend. The role sits within our Consumer Commercial Functions, and will drive cost optimisation for the commercial function through challenging senior leadership to drive performance and profitability. As the Finance lead you’ll have end to end ownership for the financial outlook, ensuring performance KPIs, deliverables and challenges are understood. In addition you’ll have ownership of the month end process, consolidating overall result and communicating financials to key collaborator groups (financial and non-financial).
This exciting high-profile position presents a fantastic opportunity to build links at various levels and work with numerous collaborators across Commercial Finance, Central Finance and Consumer Commercial Teams.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Prior commercial finance experience within FTSE100 or similar setting is critical
- Consistent track record to influence decision making at a senior level to lead change through new insight
- Strategic problem solver who has ability to focus on detail and think creatively around the problem to address the issue
- Able to develop rapport and credibility with key stakeholders and communicate across various stakeholder levels
- Clear evidence of strong career progression and experience working in cross-functional agile teams
- Qualified Accountant
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Partnering and challenging senior leadership team to drive performance, optimise profitability and communicate financial results to stakeholders
- Support the financial categorisation of cost, managing the capex/opex split to ensure expenditure is correctly classified under accounting policy, and managing financial control review processes
- Champion change within division to enable continuous improvements and automation in processes to drive efficiencies
- Partner with business intelligence and FP&A teams to improve existing reporting suite with a focus on improving insights
- Leadership and Management – Responsible for team delivery and providing guidance, support and development to direct reports
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a competency based interview.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading