At Virgin Media O2 we have defined the evolution of our technical landscape over the next 3 years to enable our strategic commercial and digital vision for providing a best in class, digital first customer experience. Underpinning this is a data driven modular, decoupled architecture that provides efficiency, agility, and speed.
We have segregated the current technical landscape by functional capabilities into technical domains and sub-domains for driving this change to the end state and ensuring single point of accountability across architecture, financials, and our operating model. This will enable us to drive transformation in a nimble, localised manner by decoupling and de-risking.
To drive this transformation at pace we are looking for talent to support us on this journey. Specifically focusing on the Customer or Front–end Domain capabilities, we require support to shape and accelerate the sub-domain transformation towards target state.
Who we are The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience:
- Natural leadership skills that can be used to shape the technology strategy.
- Track record of delivering large and complex customer centric, digital programmes
- Proven experience of running finances across a portfolio managing to budget and time.
- Deep understanding of RAID management, specially intra dependency (internal) within larger portfolios.
- Domain knowledge with a given domain or selection of sub-domains and a good level of understanding of enterprise level technology.
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Experience managing Suppliers providing Services and Resources
- Very strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Very strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills up to exec level.
- Very strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to create executive level presentation materials and insights, and to engage with stakeholders at this level.
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way. Next steps
Once you've applied the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a personality profile test followed by a technical and competency based interview.
If you’ve got any burning questions or require reasonable adjustments to support you through the recruitment process, please drop the recruiter a note.
We asked employees of Virgin Media O2 how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Virgin Media O2
Gender diversity (male:female)
Flexible; Primary Locations Hammersmith & Reading