TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Corporate Systems is a global team within TUI technology responsible for maintaining and enhancing business critical applications and services for the global Finance and Human Resources functions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery providing services across all the legal entities of the TUI Group.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a practitioner of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape, the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you can take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architecture and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- You have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service and micro-frontend landscape.
- You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You can verbalize your thoughts and ideas into outcomes.
- You love to work in an international, multicultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always deliver clean code and technical excellence, and document you work properly.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with the latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practice secure behaviors first in everything we do.
- Excellent proficiency in Java (spring boot) and their respective eco-systems
- Deep expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools, and services on AWS
- Experience with Vue2/3
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design
- Excellent knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Deep understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis, and optimization
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST) on client and server side.
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/NoSQL)
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI. Base trunk development.
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Fluent in English
- Spanish language would be valuable.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)