A fantastic opportunity to work for a leading travel company and the UK’s largest tour operator. The Product Development & Implementation Manager – River Cruise will use their customer experience knowledge and project management skills to evolve the TUI River Cruise product and venue proposition from development through to delivery on both existing and new ships.
Working with the rest of the River Cruise team to enhance and evolve from our existing product to deliver a ‘distinctly TUI’, unique river cruise customer proposition to the UK Market. Reporting into the Senior Customer Experience Manager – River Cruise, you will support in the design and development of venues, define the operational service standards and be responsible for the implementation of these standards across all internal and external stakeholders.
You will champion the Customer ensuring our Cruises stand out for all the right reasons delivering a “wow” factor that reflects the agreed brand and product strategy. You will ensure that service standards are truly end to end and that TUI River Cruise achieves market leading NPS and that revenue opportunities are maximised in line with sales and service principles.
This is an 18-month fixed-term role. Please note that extensive overseas travel and attendance for in-person meetings at our Luton head office are integral to the role.
Now taking applications until 24th November.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work closely with the Senior Customer Experience manager and Senior Product Strategy Manager to review customer insights and market trends and use these to recommend product developments and enhancements across the fleet.
- Key contact for shaping the design briefs and requirements into any new fleet and venue propositions, ensuring our River Cruise USP’s and vision is incorporated into any new product.
- Responsible for implementing the on-board product and service proposition for our new vessel being added to the fleet. You will work closely with the River Cruise Operations team, suppliers at a senior level including key shipyard, operations, excursions and entertainment partners to ensure the river cruise product proposition is defined, documented and successfully delivered.
- You will agree specifications for all aspects of customer experience, end to end, (including but not limited to detailed F&B, Entertainment and Hotel specifications), which will form the basis of contractual agreements between TUI and its partners, ensuring all contractual obligations set out are delivered to time and budget.
- Post launch you will monitor service adherence and be responsible for the resolution of any post-launch ‘snagging’; creating a culture of continuous improvement from day one.
- Responsible for producing comprehensive post-launch evaluation documentation to ensure lessons learned from implementation are captured to inform the launch of future vessels. You will further be responsible for conducting a handover with fleet operations to ensure consistency post-launch.
- Support the creation of any operational stress tests and Launch Events and will take on the role of implementation lead within these workstreams.
- In this role you will be a key player in the close-knit River Cruise team and will be required to support the wider team as and when required, particularly around any new ship launches.
- Due to the nature of the work extensive overseas travel is a requirement for this role.
- Skilled communicator adept at challenging, influencing, and negotiating effectively, you’re able to articulate your vision clearly and persuasively.
- Bring a wealth of experience in managing third-party supplier relationships.
- Have a track record of implementing strategic change projects and bringing innovative product ideas to life.
- Possess good knowledge of customer service, operations, and implementation, preferably in hotel or cruise environments.
- Your strong commercial acumen allows you to grasp the financial implications of customer-facing initiatives. You make data-driven decisions to ensure these initiatives align with budgetary goals.
- You’re not just a team player; you’re a customer-centric team player. Your collaborative approach ensures that every decision and action is guided by a dedication to delivering exceptional experiences for our customers.
- Your ability to stay organised and adapt to changing circumstances is invaluable, you’re flexible and can handle ambiguity with ease.
- Knowledge of the river cruise industry will be a definite asset. Being familiar with TUI’s customer segmentations and product offerings is a plus.
- A Master of Project Management with a proven track record of successful delivery. Your ability to lead projects from inception to completion is a testament to your exceptional project management skills.
- Have a solid and practical command of the Microsoft Office suite. Your proficiency in these essential tools ensures seamless and efficient productivity in the digital workspace.
- Open to overseas travel for extended periods as needed by the business
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)