TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Platform enablers is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUIs Cloud and API platform. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Enabler technology organisation which is delivering the central platforms across the IT Organisation to support the rest of the IT Community.
The Full Stack SoftwareEngineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Full Stack SoftwareEngineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that builds central tools and platform services in out API platform like TUIs developer portals and enable other development teams to drive TUIs digital transformation. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast insoftware engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS and Google API services, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of cloud native programming, modern UX and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- Strong expertise of TypeScript language as well as its eco-system and tooling.
- Profound knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design.
- Knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience.
- Good understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation.
- Experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side.
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Go, Python, or Java and their respective eco-systems.
- Experience with API Platforms (Apigee, Mulesoft, Axway) or Marketplace solutions is a big plus.
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/noSQL).
- Experience with backstage.io is a plus.
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS or GCP.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI.
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)