TUI Business: CIO Band: 5 Location (s):
Madrid, ES, 28010
Palma de Mallorca, ES, 07000
Hours per week: 37.5 – 40 Type of contract: Permanent TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Accommodation Sourcing is a global team within TUI technology responsible for connecting hoteliers or other technology providers to TUI in order to sell accomodations. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience. We are looking for a talented and dedicated UX/UI enthusiast to join the Accommodation Sourcing technology organisation which consists of several teams to develop and operate all types of technical services and applications, that are important to bring accomodations to our selling points. The Front End Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Front End Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Front End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation.
- Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- Will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- Select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- Show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
- You will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications.
- You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape.
- Can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- Are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- Work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Being challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- At least 2 years experience with Angular or similar frontend-frameworks.
- Expertise in Java language as well as its eco-system and tooling.
- Profound knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, and other aspects of frontend and client-side
- Good understanding of front-end delivery and performance aspects (infrastructure, HTTP
protocol, etc.), analysis and optimisation.
- Experience with consuming resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of UX/UI-design principles/techniques are helpful
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI, Jenkins
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
We asked employees of TUI Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at TUI Group
Gender diversity (male:female)