ATTENTION: HELP US MAKE DATA PROTECTION LESS BORING!
We're looking for an ambitious, solution-driven individual with exceptional experience in data protection to join our Service Delivery team as a Data Protection Officer, helping drive our mission to simplify data protection for scale-ups so they can grow with confidence.
💡We exist to EMPOWER companies' growth by making data protection SIMPLE, EASY, & INTERESTING by combining TECHNOLOGY with EXPERTS.
🔥 Over 50 leading tech start-ups use our Data Protection-as-a-Service solution, and we're quickly becoming recognised as a leader in the start-up and scale-up arena.
🚀 You will be joining a fast-growing tech start-up, working with leaders from some of the hottest and fastest-growing companies, giving you a network like no other and many exciting opportunities to supercharge your data protection experience.
⭐️ We're a flexible and remote-first company with 12 employees and 7-figure revenues that recently won Tempo's Top 100 Start-up Award (2 years in a row) and Flexa's Industry Awards for Flexible SaaS and Software (2023).
In This Role, You Will:
- Act as the primary privacy advisor to a set of Trust Keith customers, responsible for delivering a consistently standout service.
- Manage implementation of our product for your customers, ensuring implementation progress in line with SLAs.
- Lead on customer calls, including Risk Committee meetings, identifying and communicating the highest risks via the Trust Keith app.
- Promptly respond to customers’ data protection support queries in line with data compliance requirements.
- Support the creation of data protection assets (e.g. IAR, RoPA, data maps) through our product.
- Constantly improve customer relationships, monitor their growth and tailor our service to their needs throughout their journey.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of your customer's risks and priorities by conducting data protection audits.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our product and expert service by providing feedback to our product team.
- Step in to support other DPOs' customers during absences/holidays and as and when required.
- Contribute to customer review meetings with broader DPO insights.
The Ideal Candidate:
[We are an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we wholeheartedly welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join our team. We believe that a diverse range of thoughts, experiences, and perspectives greatly enhances our organisation and empowers us to excel together].
- You genuinely want to work in a start-up, and you're ready to go on the journey of scaling a business.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working in a data protection role, have certifications such as CIPP/E or C-DPO, and have experience working with UK/EU GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018, PECR, UK/EEA and International data transfers.
- You have exceptional customer-facing and stakeholder management skills and are an active listener who can build and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- You are confident in leading conversations on strategic data protection matters with our customers, often at C-Suite or Board Level, while taking a risk-based approach.
- You have an exceptional understanding of risk management, including monitoring, advising and reporting on risks.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills - simplifying complex topics comes naturally to you.
- You have experience creating data protection assets (such as IARs, RoPAs, privacy notices, etc.)
- You have experience in handling data subject access requests and data protection incidents and breaches in line with data protection regulations.
- You have outstanding organisational & time management skills and hate doing things inefficiently.
- You are tech-savvy and take an experimental approach to everything you do.
- Alignment with our values:
- 🗣 Brave: You're willing to challenge the status quo, share an unpopular opinion, and deliver and receive honest feedback
- ✅ Diligent: You make yourself accountable by default, following through on what you say you're going to do
- 💛 Empathetic: You're able to put yourself in the customers' and other team members' shoes; everyone is human, after all
- 🚀 Personal & Professional Growth Mindset: You're ambitious, want to learn, grow, and become the best version of yourself
- 🧞 Quirky: You don't take yourself too seriously… We're very aware we're building a company in an 'unsexy' industry, but that doesn't mean it can't be fun. We're called Trust "Keith" because data compliance is often associated as a "boring" and "unsexy" subject stereotypically conducted by individuals with names like "Keith" [credit to Family Guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAdR98D9Us]!
- 💸 £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- 🌴 25 days of annual leave + UK Bank Holidays + 3 days off over Christmas
- 💻 Company laptop - get a new shiny MacBook to use for your daily work adventure
- 📚 L&D budget - £300 per year
- 🏡 Flexible Working - we’re a remote-first business embracing flexible working.
- ⌨️ Working from home budget - to help you set up your home office.
- 🎉 Monthly Company Meet-ups - to spend time with the wider company in person.
- 🤧 Enhanced Company Sick Leave (up to 5 days)
- 🌍 Work from Anywhere - for up to 42 days (6 weeks) each year.
- 🐣 Enhanced New Parent Leave - regardless of gender or gender identity.
- 🧓🏻 Pension - contributions to your retirement pot every month.
Our Recruitment Process
- Application review
- Please upload your CV, but instead of giving us a cover letter, please accompany your CV with answers to the following 2 questions with 1 sentence answers only:
- 1) Why are you applying to this role at Trust Keith?
- 2) What excites you about Trust Keith? Thanks :)
- 45min initial video chat & short task to see if we’re a mutual fit (via Google Hangouts)
- 60min video skills-based interview & meet the team (via Google Hangouts)
We asked employees of Trust Keith how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Trust Keith
Zero funding. We’re bootstrapped!