Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we’re creating a payments network that better connects banks, businesses and everybody. And we’re going big. We’re taking on cards with a payment method that’s actually designed for the online, on-demand world we live in. Removing friction from the most crucial part of commerce: the payment.
To date, we’ve raised $270 million from world-renowned investors including Stripe, Tiger Global, Addition and Tencent. We’ve got offices in London, Milan and Dublin. And we’re trusted by industry leaders like Revolut, Coinbase and Nutmeg… though we’re not stopping here.
We’re on a mission to change the way the world pays, invests, shops and saves. To transform how people approach payments. To build a brand that redefines an entire industry — and we’d like your help to get us there. So what do you say?
TrueLayer is looking for a results-oriented, go-to-market-focused Sales Lead to join our commercial team based in Germany. The Sales Lead located in Germany will be responsible for all revenue-generating processes within TrueLayer in Germany. The role is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the local organisation’s revenue operations. This individual will be accountable for the performance of all commercial functions within the German organisation. From an organisational standpoint the person will report into the VP Sales EU, and have the sales team report directly to them; supporting functions like marketing, customer success, and sales integration will have a dotted line to the Sales Lead in Germany. Additionally, while this role will not be responsible for the direct management of non-sales functions like client care, finance and people operations, the Sales Lead will own and oversee the overall success of the region. This dedicated leader will work effortlessly to ensure that their team is focused and aligned with the company’s growth targets. The Sales Lead will be an experienced and efficient leader with excellent people and management skills, a proven track record of commercial deals, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic. The ideal individual will have a long history of building strong customer relationships, coupled with the market know-how to specify, strategise, and define opportunities.
What we expect from you as a Sales Lead:
- Be a leader and a member of the Commercial leadership Team. You will support the delivery of the Company Strategy in Germany, deliver joined up solutions to make TrueLayer a great place to work and a category winner in the space;
- Drive growth and scale by appropriately streamlining TrueLayer’s go-to-market strategy and sales function in Germany;
- Propel sales and business development leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value in Germany;
- Inspire customer success leadership to define and deliver on the customer value proposition in Germany;
- Drive marketing leadership to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive profitable growth in Germany;
- Maintain a customer-first and product-focused organisation in Germany;
- Build and scale the teams while being comfortable with resolving conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner and in a fast growing environment in Germany;
- Build a winning sales team and organisation through hiring and inspiring team members in Germany;
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and performance expectations for the teams you manage in Germany;
- Ensure the client oriented teams of our organisation work cohesively with Client Care, Engineering and Product to ensure our clients’ success in Germany;
- Foster, promote, and develop our inclusion & diversity initiatives, and thus ensuring these teams have a proportionate number of men and women including those from minority backgrounds in Germany;
- Excellent experience leading and managing client oriented revenue generating functions
- A demonstrable track record in Sales, Business Development, and Client Success including leading and growing productive teams of leading product companies in relevant industries
- Experience and understanding of developer oriented and API based products and effective go-to-market strategies;
- Demonstrate the ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility;
- Be metrics driven - you love backing up assertions with data, but aren’t afraid to make important decisions without waiting on the complete picture;
- Be passionate about seeing your teams growing and help them develop new skills and advance in their careers, in an environment that’s both challenging and supportive;
- Demonstrate clear communication - both written and spoken, you can build consensus around your ideas and convey information effectively;
- Lead by example, and love to empower your teammates to do their best work;
- Show strong technical knowledge to ask questions about technical and product decisions.
We would be particularly excited if you have:
- Specific experience in a Financial Technology or Payment Infrastructure company;
- Existing experience as a leader in early stage startups and small teams
Don’t meet all the requirements?
Multiple studies have shown that women and people of underrepresented groups are sometimes less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Truelayer, we are committed to building a diverse workforce, so if you are excited about this role and have the essential skills, but not the entire checklist - we’d still love to hear from you!
What you can expect from us:
- Meaningful equity in the company 💰
- Flexible hours and hybrid working — work from home 🏡and our incredible offices in London 🇬🇧Milan 🇮🇹 and Dublin 🇮🇪
- Need to collect the kids from childcare? Love a workout in the gym first thing? No worries, we trust you to do your best work within our hybrid framework 🧘
- A one-off remote-working budget to help you set up your home office 💺
- 24 days holiday as standard ✈️ with flexible bank holidays, so you can take those days whenever you like 🌍
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year and your birthday off (on top of the holiday allowance) 🕊️
- 2 volunteering days to support causes important to you
- 90 day ‘work from abroad’ policy 👩💻☀️
- Generous parental leave, above and beyond statutory requirements and with no minimum tenure 👪
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill and premium Calm subscription
- A budget to spend on learning & development each year 📚
At TrueLayer, we don’t just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups (e.g. people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from all socio-economic backgrounds). If you’d like to discuss alternative working patterns, please let us know.
We will always aim to make appropriate adjustments to ensure we are fully inclusive to people with different needs during our interview process. So if you need us to make any adjustments to suit your individual needs please let us know - we’ll be happy to support you.
We asked employees of TrueLayer how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at TrueLayer
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Italy, Ireland