As SEO Account Director at Found, you will be responsible for delivering commercial success for Found across a range of client accounts. Your responsibilities will span across senior client management, defining strategy, and leading an internal team to drive organic search performance for clients, and profitability for Found. We pride ourselves on successful long-term client relationships and retention, and expect you to build the same.
With clients across fashion, travel, hospitality, and tech, and you’ll have the opportunity to work across different areas where every day will bring a new challenge. This role is ideal for someone who already has experience of working with senior client stakeholders, and leading a team internally, including line management from Senior Account Managers to Executives. You will have the close support of our Head of SEO and Found’s senior leadership, but ultimately this opportunity is for the person who wants commercial responsibility, and the responsibility of shaping a team and developing others.
This role requires you to be comfortable speaking and presenting to clients on a near-daily basis, including difficult conversations where necessary, and confidence speaking about contractual/financial matters. While you’ll have as much senior support as you need, you will ultimately be responsible for driving smooth operations across your client accounts, quality control, assessing client sentiment, reaching key senior client stakeholders, and raising issues internally when required.
You will be part of an SEO team of 16 people with a broad range of skills, where everyone has a voice and is expected to contribute. Working collaboratively, sharing your expertise, and getting the best out of each other will be a key measure of success in your role, as well as your individual output. Once you’ve settled in, this role will involve line management of a small team, where you’ll be responsible for nurturing their long-term growth at Found.
The majority of the team work from home most of the time, and we have an office in Farringdon where we host team days once per month which you’d be required to attend. If you prefer, you would also be able to work from our office whenever you please. In this role additional travel may be required to spend time with clients (both in and out of London), however this is typically no more than twice per month.
- Account leadership: maintaining long-term profitability across accounts with effective management of internal resource and client expectations, while driving your team on strategy and consistent delivery.
- Outcome of work: ultimate responsibility for making sure work delivered is actioned by clients, with it’s impact clearly measured and fed back in due course. This includes responsibility for identifying requirements from our work and making the big decisions which will drive performance.
- Delegation: you are responsible for the above, but will be working with a wider team. Effective work across your team will be more important than your individual output.
- Client relationship development: day-to-day presence where required, while building productive relationships with senior clients, unlocking new commercial opportunities for Found.
- Long-term client performance: responsibility for driving long-term growth for clients, identifying the requirements and making key decisions to drive that.
- Internal collaboration: work closely with our Client Services teams on contract renewals, growth opportunities, and wider commercial matters.
- Team management: you will be responsible for your team’s workload, including utilization % and efficiency of output.
- Team development: be a leader of both your team, leading by example and helping develop their skills, and the wider SEO department.
- New business opportunities: across your client accounts you will be expected to proactively seek out new growth opportunities, and work with our client service teams to close them. You will also be expected to lead on new business opportunities, producing and delivering pitches when required.
What success looks like:
- Client retention, with commercial growth where feasible
- Leading on pitches and winning new business, alongside our Growth team
- Building on our long-term client relationships, delivering both client satisfaction and broadening our network across client accounts
- Clear planning on your client accounts, showing an ability to work to budgets and timelines, prioritising work accordingly
- High performance of your direct reports and your wider team
- Leading by example across the department, sharing your knowledge on a regular basis
- Leadership: experience managing a team, including responsibility for QA and delivery of work, providing briefs, and reaching deadlines as a team.
- SEO expertise: proven knowledge of current SEO requirements and a progressive approach. This includes the ability to assess and discuss key SEO performance metrics, and experience using common SEO tools, such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, etc.
- Future thinking: SEO is changing more quickly than ever, and with the evolution of AI and changes across search, we’re looking for someone who is excited about where the industry is heading and how we can use new tech to improve our service offering.
- Communication: ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both your internal team and clients.
- Decisiveness: confidence in analysing issues and opportunities, and making difficult decisions to drive performance.
- High work ethic and adaptability: we’re a small team, things move quickly and plans often change. You will need to be comfortable working in that environment, and still being happy to roll up your sleeves and work on a range of deliverables when required.
- Hands-on experience of other digital channels, including PPC, Digital PR, and CRO.
- Flexible Working - remote & flexible hours
- Personalised Career Development
- Summer hours on Friday + early finish on Fridays throughout the rest of the year
- Birthday day off + half a day leave throughout the year for extra celebrations
- Interchangeable bank holiday switch to celebrate the days important to you
- Employee Wellbeing Initiatives including Employee Assistance Programme
- Bippit financial coaching
- Bupa Healthcare
- Enhanced parental leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Eye-care vouchers
- Summer and Christmas party
- Life Assurance & Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer purchase scheme
- Regular lunch and learns
- Team socials
- Opportunities to attend conferences and industry events
- And more!
We're a flexible employer so we're happy to hear from people who are looking to work fully remote.
At Tomorrow, we embrace and support diversity, fostering a culture of inclusivity as we know it is fundamental to our mission to make digital experiences more engaging, connected and accountable.
We're an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, nationality, neurodiversity status or socio-economic background.
With this in mind, we welcome applications from all areas of the community. Please do get in touch and let us know if there is any additional support or reasonable adjustments we can cater for, to ensure our process and roles fit your needs and creates a comfortable & enjoyable recruitment process.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Tomorrow Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Tomorrow Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Tomorrow Group
Gender diversity (male:female)