At Ticket Tailor, our mission is to empower a diverse range of event creators by making it easy and affordable to sell tickets. Our flexible and fair pricing helps event budgets go further. First-class customer care means support is always on hand - day or night, and we pride ourselves in building a simple platform with a customer-first mindset. 💻💛
Our team is small but mighty, driven by feedback and focussed on simplicity. We issue over 1M tickets every month for events of all shapes and sizes – from the UK’s only floating puppet theatre to Beyonce-themed bottomless brunches and sell-out Santa’s grottos. 🍜🎅
We’re also the world’s biggest independent ticketing platform. With no investors to answer to, or unrealistic growth targets (at the expense of things that matter). This allows us to grow on purpose – with purpose – so that every event ticket sold with Ticket Tailor can have a positive impact. We're carbon neutral (having offset our entire history of emissions), donate to climate causes for every ticket sold, and most recently became a certified B Corp, joining a global community of businesses putting people and the planet first. 🌍🌳
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Ticket Tailor, we’re building a small but mighty team to help us deliver big differences to people, the planet & society. We’re passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people can thrive, be inspired, and feel comfortable to be themselves. We believe that diverse teams enable us to have different perspectives and opinions, which in return allows us to challenge the norm, support our customers, and adapt our decision-making. As a Flexa Certified Employer and Certified B-Corp, we lead from the front, and with purpose, to disrupt the events & ticketing industry while ensuring we accommodate and celebrate people of all backgrounds along the way.
About The Role:
As a product developer, you’ll be working with the technology team to deliver great features to our users, while building and maintaining our ticketing platform. At Ticket Tailor our customers are our highest priority, and as a customer-centric company, you’ll focus on delighting our users over writing perfect code.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for;
- Building and improving our Ticketing Platform, Dashboard and API
- Work with developers of all experience levels within the team to ensure you’re constantly learning and sharing your knowledge
- Provide input into the wider technology decision making process while sharing successes with company
- PHP is our primary operating language, we deploy a couple of frameworks to make this achievable; Laminas, Mezzio and Symfony
- Apache & Varnish for our Web Servers & Caching
- RDS MySQL for data management
- CloudFormation on AWS for our instance management
- You'll be a passionate Web & Platform Developer who enjoys working within in a small, customer-centric team 🐝
- You see value in testing, continuous integration and want to work with Trunk Based Development 🏄
- You vary between being collaborative while equally love working independently to solve deep complex code 🙋
- You value security as the highest priority 🔒
- You're ambitious, enjoy constantly learning, and have a growth mindset 🚀
- An initial Screening Call (30 minutes) ☎️
- A remote video interview with Jamie, our Tech Director to discuss your background in more depth (60 Minutes) 📽
- An on-site workshop consisting of a paired test, whiteboard exercise and culture interview (Usually around 2 hours)
- £40,000-£60,000 per annum 💰
- Annual profit share based on company growth 💛
- Generous budget to set up your working environment 💻
- £500 annual learning budget, including a Kindle upon joining 🎓
- £300 wellness budget (for gym, classes, massages etc) 🌿
- Private healthcare cover (including therapy, dental and optical) 🩺
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) 🏝
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working (we believe that regularly being in the same physical space has value, and spend at least 2 days per week in our office) 🏡
- Work in our lovely modern office in East London 🏢
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Ticket Tailor provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Ticket Tailor is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Ticket Tailor
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
I love that I can manage myself and be trusted to complete work without micro management.