Shieldpay are looking for a Senior Financial Crime Operations Analyst to join our 1st Line of Defence (1LOD) Financial Crime Operations team, supporting the team in conducting financial crime reviews of new and existing clients.
This role will be required to support the operational team with the onboarding and ongoing monitoring of complex financial crime cases., In addition, the role requires authoring and editing of financial crime operational processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform CDD on a wide range of client types and risk, in particularly enhanced due diligence, complex ownership, fund structures, trusts, SPVs, and perform Quality Checks (QC) on CDD files completed by members of the team.
- Work with the Head of Financial Crime Operations to implement and enhance AML controls.
- Author and enhance processes relating to Financial Crime Operations activities. Ensure these processes mitigate financial crime risks and work with the Compliance team to have them reviewed and signed off by relevant stakeholders.
- Completing comprehensive escalations and recommendations to the second line of defence (2LOD) about financial crime risks.
- Work with the product team to enhance the financial crime operations systems by writing requirements.
- Act as an escalation point for the Financial Crime Operations team and deputise for the Head of Financial Crime Operations when necessary.
- Providing training and guidance to less experienced members of the financial crime operations team.
What we’re looking for in you
- Can demonstrate detailed understanding of the steps needed to undertake CDD on complex corporates such as Funds, SPVs and Trusts.
- Has the ability to assess financial crime risk and clearly communicate recommendations to mitigate that risk to the business.
- Has a background working in either corporate & institutional banking, commodities, or a law background.
- Expert knowledge of KYC/Compliance/AML standards at UK regulated financial services company.
- Demonstrated experience of due diligence in onboarding/KYC refresh of financial services and products.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience of using initiative and writing escalations and recommendations to second line Compliance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and flexible approach to personal workload, deadlines, and wider team targets
- Effective at managing time appropriately and organising workload for maximum productivity.
- Knowledge and understanding of payment schemes and regulatory regimes.
- Relevant professional qualification such as ICA preferred.
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with a recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We asked employees of Shieldpay how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Shieldpay
Gender diversity (male:female)
M:59% F:39% NB:1% TRANS:1%
Fleet Street, London