Our HR team is expanding, and we are adding additional capacity.
We require three experienced Employee Relations Advisers to join our established HR team:
- One will be a permanent, part-time generalist role at 27 hours per week,
- One will be an 18-month fixed-term, full-time role dedicated to our Face-to-Face Membership Recruitment Teams; and
- One will be a permanent, full-time generalist role.
Please indicate on the application form which role/s you are interested in applying for.
This is a chance to practice your HR skills in a dynamic and agile environment, which has embraced flexible and hybrid working. You will also have the satisfaction of knowing your work is contributing to making a world richer in nature for future generations.
These roles would suit someone with experience of supporting and influencing line managers through formal HR processes, matched with the ability to arrive at options for solutions. The fixed-term postholder would particularly benefit from having experience in working with line managers to train and upskill them.
The roles will include:
- Providing advice and support to line managers on a wide range of employee relations issues, such as disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, absence and performance management.
- Working collaboratively with the wider HR team, including our Business Partners, Learning Team, HR Hub, plus Finance and EDI, to ensure best practice levels of information and knowledge sharing, delivery of a seamless integrated service and co-creation of solutions.
- Providing support to the Head of HR Operations and the HR Operations Manager.
- Developing productive working relationships with Divisional/Directorate managers providing robust advice and support on all aspects of employee relations in line with policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Supporting Divisional/Directorate managers to ensure that complex employee relations casework is progressed effectively and promptly, taking into account the needs of the individual and the organisation.
- Producing and updating HR policies and working collaboratively with the learning team to produce line manager training and supporting documents.
What you will bring to the role:
- CIPD Qualification to Level 5 or be working towards it.
- The skills to communicate with employees and line managers of all levels on complex and sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
- The passion and energy to pro-actively keep up to date with changes in employment law and legislation, being prepared to discuss the implications of developing caselaw for the organisation.
- The ability to work with managers to upskill them and build their confidence in HR situations.
- The ability to work without constant supervision.
- Emotional intelligence to be able to adapt your approach according to the situation
- The skill to contribute fully and robustly to debates but to be able to ultimately support the corporate or team position should this be different from your own.
- The ability to read a situation and build rapport at all levels with stakeholders.
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft office programmes to intermediate level.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
For further information please contact Andrew Dickerson at email@example.com
Closing Date: 6th February 2023. Please note that we are actively recruiting for this role and reserve the right to close the advert once sufficient applications have been received. We are looking to conduct interviews for this position from 20th February 2023
As part of this application, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence of how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience requested.
Before applying for this role, we recommend reading through the candidate guidance notes attached to the top of this advert.
RSPB has a full benefits package we offer flexible working practices as well as remote working. This role is eligible for UK Sponsorship.
This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options RSPB provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure RSPB is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at RSPB
Gender diversity (male:female)
Across all 4 UK Countries
What employees are saying
I feel the RSPB is very flexible and this is reflected through the Line Management chain - I know I have the flexibility on a daily basis to start early / finish late, if something crops up at home - I am very satisfied :)
More roles at RSPB
- Senior Rural Surveyor, Wareham Arc Recovery Project
- Senior Project Manager - LIFE 100% Favourable (Fixed-Term)
- Bird Surveyor at Powharnal
- Estate Worker
- Rural Surveyor. Flexible Central and Eastern England
- Carbon Farming Project Manager - (Fixed-Term)
- Digital PMO Manager - Fully remote
- Part Time - Centre Assistant - Fixed Term
- Legacy Team Executive - RSPB UKHQ - The Lodge
- New to Nature Placement - Assistant Warden. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Part-Time - Cleaner
- Part-Time Retail Assistant
- Visitor Experience Manager
- Volunteer Engagement Manager
- Community Fundraising Manager - Scotland (Part-Time)
- Assistant Warden (Seasonal) Anglesey Terns SPA (4 posts)
- Senior Conservation Officer
- Head of Sustainable Land Use Policy - England
- Fundraising Manager - Scotland
- Part Time - Catering Assistant - (Fixed Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistant x 2 (Fixed-Term)
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Assistant Catering Manager
- Curlew Monitoring Officer - (Fixed term)
- Head of Marine Policy
- Campaigns Developer - Flexible in UK
- Curlew Life Research Assistant (Technical) - RSPB Northern Ireland
- New to Nature Placement - Community and Visitor Engagement Assistant - Apply via Survey Monkey Link
- New to Nature Placement - Access to Nature Project Assistant. Apply via Survey Monkey link.
- Head of Policy & Advocacy - England
- Part-Time Cleaner x 2
- Project Manager - (Frampton Marsh)
- Nature Protection Policy Officer (Fixed-Term)
- Part Time - Learning Assistant - (Fixed term)
- Curlew LIFE Research Assistant (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Bedford Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Luton Area
- Centre Assistant - variable hours - (Fixed Term)
- 2 x Senior Administrator - (Fixed Term)
- Research Assistants x2 - Twite Recovery Project
- PT or FT - Senior Project Manager – Nature Positive Biodiversity Gain in Scotland (Fixed Term)
- Assistant Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Telford
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Chester
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Driffield - Flexible within East Yorks.
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Sheffield
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Glasgow
- Wildlife Fundraiser x2 - RSPB Loch Garten Nature Reserve (Seasonal Contract)
- Curlew Monitoring Officer x 2 – Upper Lough Erne
- Part-Time Car Park Attendant x4 (Fixed-Term)
- Area Manager (East Midlands)
- Education, Families & Youth Officer - Scotland based - Hybrid (Part-Time)
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Tonbridge Area
- Wildlife Fundraiser - North London
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Isle of Wight
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Cheltenham
- Wildlife Fundraiser - Falmouth
- Rheolwr Cyfathrebu / Communications Manager
- Test Team Lead
- Senior Conservation Scientist - Flexible in UK
- Beach Nesting Bird Project Officer - (fixed term)
- Learning and Visitor Assistant x2 (Part time & Fixed term - March to October)
- Senior Policy Officer - Bioenergy and BECCS - Fixed Term
- Part-Time Cleaner
- Glenwherry Curlew Initiative Monitoring Officer (RSPB Northern Ireland)
- Moorland Warden - (Fixed Term)
- Dundee Project Manager - (Fixed Term - Possible Secondment Opportunity)
- Assistant Warden - Cumbria Coast Reserves
- Conservation Officer - Lough Neagh (Fixed-Term)
- Project Officer - Stone-Curlew (Fixed-Term)
- Government Affairs Manager
- Health, Safety & Environment Advisor - Central England
- Part-Time Learning Assistant (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Finance Officer - Orkney Native Wildlife Project (Fixed-Term)
- Catering Assistant - Loch Leven - Variable Hours Available
- Learning and Visitor Assistant - RSPB Saltholme (Part-Time)
- Senior Beach Warden (Fixed-Term)
- Part-Time Catering Assistants (Variable Hours)
- Site Maintenance Assistant
- Senior Systems Engineer