We’re on a mission to make the world's videos watchable in any language.
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human-sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and corporate use Papercup to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their audiences, while cutting costs and getting their video content out to international markets faster than ever before.
Last year over 300 million people watched videos translated by Papercup, and our customers include Business Insider, Sky News, Discovery, and BuzzFeed.
At Papercup we care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company people are proud to work for.
And we're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
This is your chance to take those highly honed sales skills of yours and rep technology that makes jaws drop, while you build commercial relationships that last for years.
We're on a land and expand mission here at Papercup, and you'll be in the driver's seat for the entire buyer's journey.
You'll be the buyer's trusted guide from the first Discovery call, helping them see how localisation fits into their larger strategy and addresses their critical business issues, and how they can use Papercup's service to benefit themselves and their company. In our line of work, most sales happens when we're not in the room, so you'll learn to coach your buyer on how to navigate their internal buying processes like a superstar.
And all the while you'll be learning and teaching, sharing dispatches from the front lines with the rest of the company, and being a core contributor to our commercial playbook.
Internally and externally, people will trust your deep knowledge of the localisation world, and respect you for your professionalism and eagerness to share what you've learned.
New Business Sales
- Generating opportunities in our core industries of Entertainment and Digital Media
- Guiding buyers through an efficient buying process that adds value for them regardless of the outcome
- Discerning when an opportunity is not a good fit and being honest and helpful in your disqualification
- Going above and beyond for the opportunities that are a good fit, equipping the buyer with everything they need to make the sale internally
- Closing the deal and setting up the customer for swift success
Retain and Expand
- Ensuring your hard-won customers are super served from a commercial and strategy standpoint as they onboard and ramp up
- Uncovering and pursuing new opportunities within those companies to win additional business and deliver additional benefit to your customers
- Professionally and swiftly handling any customer dissatisfaction that gets escalated, and taking commercial steps necessary to remedy the situation and retain the customer
- Partner with your BDR colleagues to make sure the pipeline is filled with the right kind of quality opportunities that give you the best chance of hitting target
- Partner with your Customer team colleagues to make sure you have a shared understanding of your clients' needs and success criteria, so the Producers can look after all operational aspects of client projects while you focus on the commercial relationships
- Work closely with the rest of the Customer team and your colleagues in Marketing and Operations to inform our strategy with your insights, and shape our processes with your feedback
- Be an active participant in learning and teaching across the Customer, Product and ML teams.
- You are genuinely customer-focused and find real joy in helping customers grow their business
- You have serious sales experience, ideally selling to entertainment and digital media industries
- You are hugely detail-oriented and able to happily keep on top of many conversations - time management skills are a must!
- You can demonstrate hitting sales targets consecutively
- You show clear understanding of solution selling rather than product selling
- You can communicate with different audiences with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- You are confident, professional and business savvy - you'll need to thrive off growing rapport and relationships with prospects
- You love to learn and don't shy away from a challenge - we are a fast-moving machine-learning startup so learning all about new industries as we grow our customer base needs to be something that excites you
- You are self-motivated and will always take the extra step without being asked
- You have at least 6 years experience in Sales as an account executive or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Digital media and Entertainment industry sales experience
- Experience selling solutions or services in video or localization
- Experience in a start up environment
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- OTE. We expect above-average performance, and we’re willing to pay to retain the best. Your OTE this year is £160-170k, consisting of:
- Base: £80-85k
- Commission: £80-85k
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working options, 2-3 WFH
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Tuesday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, the best Slack banter you can find
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A