We’re on a mission to make the world's videos watchable in any language
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and enterprise, such as Jamie Oliver, Business Insider and Bloomberg, use Papercup every day to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their international audiences.
Last year alone over 900 million people watched videos translated by Papercup. But this is just the start - billions of hours of video are stuck in a single language - our technology will fundamentally change that and make videos watchable in any language.
We’re more than just an AI startup - we also care deeply about our people. We want people to feel fulfilled, rewarded and genuinely happy at Papercup. That’s why creating and fostering the right culture matters to us and why we’re committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
If you want to work on a game changing technology and you care about working with a fun, smart and humble team, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
As a Office Manager and People co-ordinator at Papercup, you will be the heart of the office. You will be a critical member of the team, responsible for maintaining an excellent physical working environment for our team and making sure they have what they need to succeed. You will be a culture champion, highlighting ways we can live our values and creating touchpoints to do so. Arranging regular company events to make sure our employees have the chance to socialise and celebrate our successes.
Working in the People team, you will help the department run smoothly by making sure our systems are up to date and providing data to key individuals. This is a multifaceted role and would be perfect for someone looking to progress their career within HR.
- Liaise with building managers for facilities management
- Project manage refits, refurbishment, reconfigurations, meeting room facilities and any future moves
- Order office supplies, such as snacks and drinks - making sure we cater to a diverse employee base. Order weekly team breakfast
- Create and maintain office related policies. Make recommendations on improvements
- Enjoy making the office space an welcoming and creative place for our employees to use
- Own initiatives that boost company culture e.g. care packages, organising socials and offsites and our event calendar
- Manage our desk booking system and liaise with the company on any issues
- Work with Head of Finance on paying invoices and maintaining office related budgets
People and Operations Support
- Onboarding new joiners: arranging equipment, welcome packs and day one logistics
- Manage the return of company property from leavers
- Track workspace related expenses and own general invoice payment
- Maintain and own HRIS.
- Run regular reporting to manage processes, such as probations and holidays
- First point of call for HR admin requests, such as references, details changes and healthcare
- Help our Talent team with our recruitment process during busy times
What we need from you:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills, with the ability to multi-task
- A genuine passion for improving workplace culture
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong technical proficiency and ability to comfortably use/learn most software
- Previous office management experience
Nice to Have
- HR experience
- Experience in a tech or startup or other fast paced environment
- Event management experience
People: we’re a good bunch of people. Smart yet humble. Ambitious yet pragmatic. And we make sure to enjoy the journey - company breakfasts (bagels are a favourite), newly introduced 5-a-side, Papercup University, and much more!
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Salary of £35,000 - £42,000 *depending on experience
- Substantial equity package
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Office based (Aldgate) with 1 day a week working from home
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- The opportunity to learn - enrol in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Tuesday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual off-sites, the best Slack banter you can fin
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A