Motorway is seeking a talented Senior Product Designer to join our expanding team. You will be part of a cross-functional squad working alongside a Product Manager and Engineers, responsible for designing features for our native apps. You’ll also join our amazing Design Team and supported by our Head of Design and other Product Designers, User Researchers, UX Writers and Brand Designers.
Motorway is a design-focused organisation; extending to the founding team; with a very strong focus on creating amazing user experiences and high quality products. We have a creative and fun working environment where innovation is greatly encouraged. You can read more about the team here.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Working in our vehicle profiling experience, designing end-to-end customer journeys and new features to help users complete their vehicle profiling in the most efficient and delightful way.
- Participating in user research and product planning to understand problems our users have and formulate hypotheses for testing.
- Leading discovery activities and running creative workshops.
- Collaborating with the wider Design Team to share ideas and ensure a consistent approach to user experience and user interface design.
- Using tools (we primarily use Figma) to create compelling designs from lo-fidelity prototypes to finished screens ready to launch.
- Presenting to stakeholders, collaborating closely to ensure your design solutions align to business objectives.
- Be a valued member of the team, sharing your experiences and knowledge, living our values and adding to our culture.
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
Our team comes from a diverse range of backgrounds and team fit is important to us. As a Senior Product Designer we expect that you will have several of the following attributes:
- You have commercial experience as a senior product designer in a cross-functional team, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
- You have experience designing across both web and native iOS or Android apps.
- You have experience in leading discovery work including understanding stakeholder needs, conducting user research, and storytelling.
- You’re able to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by examples of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation.
- You have an exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work.
- You have a proven track record in leading projects through to completion, managing stakeholders and inspiring your team along the journey.
- You’re a great team player with a strong sense of humility.
- A competitive salary.
- A stake in the business, via our stock option programme, enabling you to share in the future growth and success of Motorway.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Discounted dental through BUPA.
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA.
- Annual learning budget with Learnerbly.
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount.
- Hybrid working (approximately 2 days in the office a week) with the option to work from home for a month per year.
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton