Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
About the job
Joining Engineering at Motorway gives the unique challenge and opportunity of building a better car market for tomorrow.
We’re looking for talented people (like you!) to help us to innovate our platforms for sellers and dealers nationwide!
This is a greenfield opportunity where you’ll be responsible for building new and innovative products, experimenting with machine learning while developing brand-new features, and solving fascinating problems in transforming an industry.
- As our Senior Full-stack Engineer you’ll join one of our cross-disciplinary product teams working on building new and improved product solutions.
- You'll work heavily on our Node.js services and React frontends whilst helping us define and drive the highest quality across all of our engineering practices.
- You’ll be collaborating across disciplines to align on and produce technical solutions within our products.
- You’ll report to an engineering manager and meet with them regularly to help grow you and your career.
- Champion and implement software development best practices to ensure our code is high quality, well-tested, scalable, and secure.
- You have full stack application development experience.
- Proficent coding skills with Typescript.
- Knowledge of distributed system design and development.
- Hands-on experience SQL or No-SQL databases.
- Proven track record of owning and delivering high quality technical solutions.
- Additional or Preferred Requirements
- Hands-on experience with React application development.
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL or DynamoDB databases.
- Hands-on experience with Terraform development.
- Experience with coaching or mentoring.
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership and one paid volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton