Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
The Operations Manager will lead and oversee the Post-Sale Support contact centre operations. They will be responsible for leading a team dedicated to providing exceptional Seller support and help retain customers.
They will work closely with all Post-sale teams (Dealer, Transport, Payment) as well as product/ tech to ensure a seamless post-sale experience. They will work with in-house operational teams as well as outsource partners to deliver successful outcomes.
This role requires a hands-on people leader that deeply understands operational performance, is naturally collaborative and is responsive tactically and strategically.
They will define and implement strategic initiatives to automate and optimise operations, and will play a crucial role in shaping the post sale strategy. This role will report to the Head of Post Sale Operations. This role internally will be titled Sales Support Manager.
- Results driven: Committed to delivering tangible and meaningful results, persistence to meet or exceed objectives and effective prioritisation to focus on what matters most
- Ownership mentality: take responsibility and accountability towards tasks, projects, or deliverables. responsibilities. A ‘can do’ attitude, takes initiative, seeing things through to completion, and proactively addresses challenges.
- Contact Centre expertise: deep understanding and proficiency in managing contact centre operations
- Analytical mindset: the ability to interpret data, to identify improvement opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- Continuous improvement: enhance processes, products, or services incrementally to meet customer and business demands
- Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of team managers and agents, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Operational Efficiency: Optimise operations for efficiency, including workforce planning, resource allocation, and technology utilisation.
- Customer Experience: Ensure a seamless and positive customer experience by maintaining high service quality standards and resolving complex customer issues.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and improve contact centre performance, including service levels, response times, and customer satisfaction.
- Technology Integration: Ensure adoption of new contact centre technologies and tools to enhance service delivery,automation and improve customer interactions.
- Dive deep: analysing operational metrics to identify improvement opportunities
- Deliver results: sharp focus on achieving objectives and delivering outcomes, a resourceful individual with a bias for action
- Proven experience in contact centre management, specifically in post-sale support and retention.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Strong understanding of customer retention strategies and post-sale support best practices.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with relevant contact centre software / ticketing systems.
- Ability to successfully deploy process improvements and change initiatives to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness, taking people on the journey to maximise buy-in
- Competitive salary
- Stock options - we succeed and fail together as a team, so we want you to be included in our success
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- Hybrid working from home one day a week
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership + 1 volunteering day per year
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme (Octopus EV) - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Regular social events
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton