Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
We’re looking for a Client Onboarding Manager, the role will be focused on ensuring the successful onboarding of new clients to Motorway Pay and ensuring they are enabled to work smart and successfully with the service going forward. This is a critical part of the client experience and there is significant potential to support and input into the evolution and enhancement of the Motorway Pay Capability.
This role will work closely with our Payment Operations Team, Account Management Team, Fraud Prevention Team and Payments Leadership Team. Responsibilities include;
- Lead the Client Success & Onboarding function which includes,defining, managing and driving the Client Onboarding and Client Due Diligence (CDD) processes, including assessing Motorway Pay Client Applications. This may involve:
- Validating information and documentation from both Clients and Suppliers against external and internal data sources.
- Engaging with clients, suppliers, internal teams and stakeholders to ensure clients are onboarded rapidly.
- Troubleshooting issues related to CDD/KYC checks to ensure the process is as quick and seamless as possible.
- Acting as the first line of defence for Fraudulent Platform Account Creation.
- Managing offshore team(s), responsible for carrying out payment pre checks and document validation.
- Managing the Client CDD Refresh process, ensuring as Client Status’ change (i.e. changes to directorship or investors) it is recorded and reported to our Payment Partner(s).
- Monitoring client satisfaction through the onboarding process and addressing concerns
- Once Clients are approved, manage and support their implementation onto Motorway Pay incl, account organisation & setup and user creation and setup.
- Work with Product to help define our Automation Roadmap, aimed at improving our client onboarding and implementation processes.
- Monitor Client usage with the aim of defining initiatives and strategies to improve the performance of Motorway Pay.
- Someone that loves rolling their sleeves up and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the payments team and wider business
- Previous experience in onboarding or client success
- Understanding of KYC/CDD
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- You’re comfortable working in a scale up stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Task oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Proactive with a strong bias for action
- Experience operating under a regulated environment i.e. AML & Sanctions.
- Experience of a compliance based role.
- Experience in the payment industry or a related field
- Prior experience of supporting the operations of a Payments team and their clients.
- A competitive salary.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Regular social events.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing, revenue-generating startup and build products that will change an industry
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton