We established Mind Foundry to ensure that AI can be used to radically transform our world for the better. To do this, we design intelligent tools that are easy to understand and easy to use. Born within the University of Oxford’s Machine Learning Group and founded by world-leading academics Professors Stephen Roberts and Mike Osborne, we empower teams with responsible AI solutions. We tackle high-stakes problems that help organisations in the public and private sectors, focusing on human outcomes and the long-term impact of AI interventions.
We are seeking a talented and creative Video Producer to join our dynamic team. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for producing engaging and informative content for Mind Foundry’s website, youtube channel, R&D research, and social media channels.
Every day is different at Mind Foundry, from filming interviews in our in-house studio, to being on location in Oxford colleges to recording podcasts with professors and creating films that help people understand how AI can be used to solve the world’s most important problems.
You will be an all-rounder, skilled in everything from researching and scripting to self-shooting, editing and motion graphics and have a passion and enthusiasm for creating great content. This is a fantastic opportunity to create some of the iconic explainer videos that people will watch for years to learn about the emergent capabilities of Artificial Intelligence today and tomorrow.
And you’ll be joining a close-knit team of content enthusiasts to help make your work even stronger with amazing visuals, promotion, research, and writing.
Also, the marketing team is run by a former filmmaker/writer/documentarian from Los Angeles so you’ll also get to talk about movies a lot, and work with someone who understands why the work you do is so important to everything.
What our Videographer will be doing;
- Shoot our videos - be the Director of Photography making sure that everything is beautifully lit, in focus, and add in some cool moves whenever you can.
- Plan our video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of our products and services to translate them into visual storytelling.
- Edit footage in post-production.
- Make the videos even better with powerful use of After Effects and other motion graphics tools
- manage external filmmakers for specialist productions such as drone shoots or multi-camera events.
- Work closely with the marketing team to implement video solutions that align with marketing and brand strategy.
- Produce, record, and edit a monthly podcast (both video and audio)
- Manage and maintain the video library and templates.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry's best practices to maximise efficiency.
What you will need;
- Bachelor’s degree in film/television studies or equivalent experience, with a proven background in a similar role.
- An amazing demo reel demonstrating an eye for detail and a solid understanding of what makes a great story.
- experience in producing video and motion graphics content for a wide variety of platforms, and have a good knowledge of best practices for each format.
- Several years of experience in self-shooting with professional cameras and editing audio and video using the Adobe CC suite
- demonstrable experience of working independently to deliver content against a brief as well as working collaboratively within a larger team
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing.
- Creative mindset with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and fast turnaround times.
It would be great if you also have;
- Experience with special effects, 3D, and compositing.
- Creative storytelling abilities.
- Comfortable working with actors/subjects in front of the camera.
This role offers flexible hours and can be structured as either full-time, part-time, or a contractual role. However we do require someone who is able to come to our office in Oxford on a regular basis.
We asked employees of Mind Foundry how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)