This role provides broader technical and functional knowledge for Order to Cash and Physical Logistics area to assure the integrity across the BCF portfolio, also across other BCF and MDT areas, including upstream and downstream functional areas. Design Authority within overall Order to Cash and Physical Logistics area for all products and services, supporting Solution Architects on decisions taking. This position reports to a Product Director, working in strong collaboration with all BCF towers structure, but specially with the Product Solution Architect and others Product Senior Solution Architects. As such, the role provides broad exposure to business stakeholders around the globe, and required strong business process knowledge on Order to Cash and Physical Logistics area
What are we looking for?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- IT Background
- Strong Order to Cash, Physical Logistics and Warehouse Management knowledge, preferred on FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) industry. Experience on Business areas will be a plus.
- 3 to 5 years Experience in the functional area preferably in an IT role, key user lead or functional expert role
- Good knowledge of current business processes in the functional area. Will have in-depth knowledge of some processes and a strong aptitude to learn new process areas
- ITIL, PMI, Agile, DevOps, Scrum, Lean IT certifications will be a plus
- Proven leadership and influencing experience with key stakeholders
- Role model agile behaviors & methods with customers and peers
- Continuously learning and building skills independently and with external Networks
- Language: Fluent in English.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Broader functional and process knowledge on the products tower
- Create and maintain vision about the full Order to Cash, Physical Loggistics and Warehouse Management (OTC, PL and WMS) area and integration with other cross-functional areas
- Assure the integrity across the tower portfolio, also across other towers, other MDT areas (as Transformational programs, Deployment, including upstream and downstream functional areas) and Business areas related to OTC, PL and WMS.
- Have the full picture of the whole organization strategies which impacts the systems under the tower area
- Accountable for technical planning on releases for broader tower area
- Responsible for technical planning on the security compliance, data privacy and audit compliance for the tower Application portfolio
- Responsible to drive cross-teams security compliance, data privacy and audit compliance efforts for OTC, PL and WMS.
- Play Design Authority role for the broader OTC, PL and WMS, assessing impacts and approving all the initiatives that are going to be related to products and services on this product team, supporting Solution Architects on decision taking.
- Seek highly automated solutions and new approaches to work for OTC, PL and WMS
- Partnership with Product Owner and/or Functional Experts on continuous improvement, evolution of the product and Lifecycle management
- Participate on new design for solutions, services and products together with Business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, Transformational programs, Strategic Functional Capabilities, Business Partnership, etc.
- Liaise with the other areas to ensure consistent cross-functional business process design
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams around the current product and services design, assuring the design is protected and the global/mandate processes are secured
- Support Operations in complex and high impact issues and problems as they arise.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed
- Continuously assess the current portfolio and applications life cycle, assuring the systems have vendor-supported versions and patching, suggesting applications retirement, upgrades or new solutions when necessary. Assessing the systems architecture currently in place (including satellite systems) and working with Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure to recommend solutions to improve it
- Building and integrating other products and services to meet the company’s needs
- Accountable for process and technical knowledge gathering, update and validation of products and services under OTC, PL and WMS, including documentation/knowledge from external teams that will touch those services and products
- Support product manager on life cycle management for products and services across the markets and locations, considering business priorities, budget, current versions and risks
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth