Reliability Engineer - day shift
(Flexible to hours 8am - 4pm/7am - 3pm/ 6am - 2pm)
£29,000 - £33,000 plus benefits
We’re looking for a Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for an area of the factory. The role will consist primarily of breakdown assessments, long term strategy and planned maintenance of your area of responsibility as well as the reliability of the site.
What are we looking for?
- Engineering apprenticeship or recognised equivalent
- Ideally, you’ll have 1-3 years experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods Manufacturing in Technical Department
- Basic experience of coordinating the work of others (4 to 6 months)
What will be your key responsibilities?
- In charge of factory Preventive Maintenance Program for all machines, in part of Mechanical system, both in Maintenance Planning and Work Instruction to maintain machine reliability.
- Lead in Mechanical system Preventive Maintenance Program execution to ensure the effectiveness of program activities.
- Lead improvement program to ensure the system sustainable and increase machine efficiency.
- Lead root cause analysis related to % of factory machine downtime to build effectiveness of reliability by using PDCA technique and using reliability measurement (MTTR, MTBF).
- Modify the Mechanical system to support CI improvement related to increase production efficiency (TRS).
- Manage contractor when 3rd party is required to execute maintenance work to ensure that their work meet with MARS quality and safety standard.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth