Senior member of the Global Pet Nutrition P&O community. This role is responsible for the P&O Data and Analytics strategy and implementation for Global Pet Nutrition working in close partnership with P&O Leaders in the Petcare Segment and divisions. This will include partnering with and embedding our people strategy and people value proposition across all operating entities, including workforce planning. This leader is a thought partner to the PNLT, Pet Nutrition P&O Leadership Team and P&O communities across Mars on how to leverage data to drive talent, delivering on our business ambition to delight Pet Parents globally.
What are we looking for?
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Master's Degree in HR focused area or Business
Knowledge / Experience
- 10-12 years of experience in HR generalist field
- 5+ years of experience in P&O data and analytics
- Proven ability to manage and measure the work of a team.
- Ability to effectively manage and work within ambiguity and prioritize on business needs and resources.
- Effective in building relationship at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, using a comprehensive approach with strong attention to detail.
- Able to approach challenges with a data mindset; utilizes available data and informs stakeholders using a data centric approach to prioritize, influence and drive outcomes.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Leads work to drive Talent to Value, aligning the top value cells to the top talent of PN.
- Develop the framework for how Pet Nutrition Leadership Team drives functional capabilities through data, to measure, track, and embed capabilities needed to achieve our business ambition. Support P&O BPs to deliver this framework.
- Strategic owner of P&O Analytics including but not limited to Pet Nutrition's Organization Health scorecard, workforce planning strategy development and Implementation, management and measurement of work through structure and rigor of data. This role will manage the business relationship with the P&O Data Analytics team and drive cross divisional efforts to step up Data, Analytics and Insights capabilities in the P&O function.
- Ownership of Future of work/location strategy for Pet Nutrition
- Responsible for the Talent Strategy and execution for Pet Nutrition, including MDR and periodic reviews.
- SPOC representing PN in Enterprise-wide initiatives (EVP GLMe, People Strategy, P&O 2.0, Petcare OGSM, Ecosystem) and SPOC for MyP&O and Corporate COE services.
- Improves businesses' efficiency and strategy delivery through Strategic Resource Allocation; expert to help the organization understand this process and how to embed it in overall talent strategy, processes, and governance. Leverages partnerships with Finance and Strategic Reinvention Office, SRO.
- Supports culture through leadership and mindset work with senior leaders with full associate and operating entity partnership.
- Create and sustain an inclusive and thriving culture based on the Five Principles and Associate concept and driving Associate engagement.
- Works to support cross talent career pathing to support the Petcare Ecosystem and Ecosystem capability building strategies.
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
[Insert any additional market/role specific benefits that the candidate might be interested in]
Find out more about what Mars can offer you by visiting our Global Careers site.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth