As a member of the MGS Learning Learner Experience Team, the Activity Manager has overall responsibility for leading, facilitating, planning and executing learning projects as defined by the Learning Experience Manager. This role manages projects from ideation through post launch analysis.
This is a hybrid role that must be based out of one of the listed locations.
- Manages learning projects across all of Mars U.
- Facilitates proactive development and coordination of cross multifunctional teams across Mars U required to achieve defined objectives for new learning experiences.
- Effectively manages multiple projects at different stages of the lifecycle.
- Coordinates the development of project timelines, identifies key decision points and ensures successful execution.
- Manages the creation and presentation of project stage gate documents with Learner Experience Manager.
- Directly and frequently communicates with cross-functional and cross-Mars U Team regarding project timing, status and risks.
- Conducts risk assessments and provide updates that ensure activity team alignment for project objectives and critical success factors.
- Conducts timely post launch assessments and ensures key learnings are shared and implemented for future projects.
- Develops and champions the use of high-quality project management tools and techniques for managing learning projects.
- Contributes to the facilitation and continuous improvement of the Mars U S&OP process
Context and Scope
- Builds strong connections and partnerships across Mars U teams to ensure successful management and execution of learner experience projects – specifically Learning Operations team, Solutions Procurement managers and Learner Communications & Engagement Managers.
- Partners closely with MGS Learning Service Management team to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of project management processes and resourcing.
- Creates close partnerships with Learner Communications & Engagement Managers to ensure alignment on upcoming deployments.
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth