12-MONTH MATERNITY COVER
KIND UK CUSTOMER COLLABORATION MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER)
£33-40k ANNUAL BASE SALARY + 10% BONUS
ENGLISH FLUENCY REQUIRED
2-3 DAYS IN OFFICE PER WEEK
What are we looking for?
The role will require supply chain understanding; confidence with analysis, coupled with the ability to look at radical new ways of working and implementation leadership. The nature of the job will require a strong customer focus, clear communication and influencing skills.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Operational responsibilities to support service and sales/growth:
- Daily order monitoring – supporting customer service with failed orders, investigating out of stocks, ensuring any risk to promotional or emotive SKU deliveries are highlighted.
- Responsible for maximising key customer metrics (Casefill, Inbound service, DC-Store % SL, In store availability) through efficient working with Demand Planning / Customer Service / Product Supply and the retailer analysts.
- Manage activity and portfolio to ensure optimum stockholding (measure – stockholding budget targets are met).
- Use key customer systems to identify supply trends, zero stocks, inbound % reports etc and take action to resolve any issues.
- Analyze customer data to create insights that can drive improvement on the metrics or the collaboration.
- Improve promo delivery year on year (measure – promo performance reviews).
- Deliver range changes to store in accordance with schedules (measure - 100% availability in store).
- Focus on supporting DP ownership of Average Rate of Sale, Base Forecasts, Replenishment, Store & Depot Performance/Gaps etc.
- In conjunction with the NAM’s, take the lead in establishing and maintaining collaborative planning review meetings and KPIs.
- Manage necessary supply communications into the customer
- Develop great relationships internally and with the customer and support both teams in achieving their strategies and wider business goals.
Drive Supply Chain Efficiency:
- Use customer expertise and data insight to implement process improvement for mutual value.
- Embed new collaborative ways of working to improve efficiency.
- Support and enable supply chain projects in line with Joint Supply Chain Business Plan (JSCBP).
- Share best practice with other suppliers and feed insights back into KIND UK.
Represent KIND UK in the Customer:
- Be an ambassador for KIND UK, live the five principles and uphold our highest professional standards.
Context and Scope
Our UK customers place high importance on the implant role, expecting quicker communication, proactive issue resolution and value add activity to support their supply chain goals.
The role will build up robust relationships with internal & external stakeholders to support KIND UK and the retailer in meeting and exceeding our combined supply chain KPIs. The job holder will be highly proactive in identifying and resolving issues and informing all required stakeholders across the two businesses. In doing this, we will build a mutually beneficial relationship with the retailer which will allow us to unlock sales potential for both businesses as well as pave the way for future collaborative opportunities and become a supply chain partner of choice for the customer.
In KIND UK UK Supply Chain, we strive to:
- Increase our customer centricity and alignment with our customers metrics
- Increase on shelf availability beyond current levels
- Drive additional sales through more effective promotional execution
- Strengthen our customer service through management of our products in our customers supply chains
- Optimize physical flow of the network to drive down costs
- Reduce transactional and obsolescence costs
- Reduce raw materials and finished goods inventories along entire value chain
- Improve asset utilization of resources
- Increase our responsiveness to Customer requests and decision-making speed
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth