The Global Information Risk Lead will be part of the Information Risk Team which is responsible for support, governance, and execution of the risk management program. This role will primarily be responsible for conducting risk assessments across various Segments and Business Units with the goal of reducing information risk to Mars assets. This role will also assume the responsibilities of reporting risk assessment results to stakeholders, maintaining the global risk register as well as all processes related to the risk-lifecycle.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of technical and / or audit experience in cyber security, GRC, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field preferred.
- Strong risk management and cyber security organizational and operational expertise.
- Experience performing risk assessments based on a standard security framework.
- Expertise prioritizing and managing multiple projects / tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in developing documents and presenting complex information to stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to achieve collaboration and alignment.
- Strong analytical ability, consultative and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated strength delivering effective solutions from concept to execution.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Independently lead the execution of Information Security risk assessments and business risk reviews.
- Embed and support end to end risk management services in the assigned area (Risk ID, Risk Register, Assessments, Issue Management).
- Enhance, maintain, and champion engagement with the business and the technology organization to identify, manage and monitor visibility to security risks.
- Analyze, provide risk insights, and ensure quality of risk data.
- Onboard new customers and ensure successful adoption of the risk program while building strong relationships.
- Identify opportunities and champion for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to establish success criteria and metrics for reporting KPIs and KRIs.
- Support strategic initiatives and process improvements.
- Facilitate end-to-end issue management by providing risk management expertise and coordinating with the business to self-identify issues and develop corrective actions.
- Consistently deliver high quality risk services timely by independently resolving obstacles.
- Drive for agreement when alignment cannot be reached.
- Direct ongoing processes to formalize, track, and report security risks across varying level of stakeholders, including risk owners and execute leadership.
- Train and influence others across Global Digital Operations (GDO) on established risk practices and procedures.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth