Mars Snacking is looking to continue to accelerate its data and analytics journey across the one demand space. The One Demand Data & Analytics (ODDA) team has been set up to drive the advanced analytics agenda, innovation and positive disruption within Mars Snacking. Our vision is to become a leading data & analytics player in the CPG industry, in support of delivering our reinvention strategy.
By leveraging machine learning, AI and new cutting-edge technologies, the ODDA team is on a mission to revolutionise intelligent Perfect Store (iPS) and Category Leadership, bringing data to the forefront of decision making. Our ability to solve the most wicked, muddy, fuzzy problems across Mars Snacking in a user-centric way through data & analytics are fundamental to our digital engine and our transformation.
The Global Head of Intelligent Perfect Store Analytics is a key role needed for our continued journey and success. This is a cross segment, cross functional and global role. You will be an integral part of the expanding data and analytics team, delivering advanced analytics solutions to take action, maximise value and have a meaningful impact on our consumers, customers and business.
Collaboration with stakeholders will be important throughout to ensure insights are actionable and that the business is ready to apply them to deliver the benefits. This will involve building a clear understanding of the potential benefits that connected data and analytics can bring and supporting this vision with stakeholders.
- Lead and build Advanced analytics capabilities for Intelligent Perfect Store
- Shape the team vision and strategy
- Work collaboratively with the global team to shape the future product roadmap
- Lead complex analytical projects which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace, challenging status quo in the market
- Work with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and formulate business problems
- Ideate and build early perspectives on actionable insights to the problem and work with the data science team to prove / disprove the hypothesis, continuously iterating as new information and / or insights come to light
- Shape and prioritize backlog, utilizing business expertise and understanding of customer needs and translate requirements into user stories
- Translate model outcomes into insights / business terms via strong understanding of the various statistical techniques
- Help the cross enablement team with business context and provide necessary feedback during the analysis phase to ensure the outcomes deliver insights that are needed by the business
- Work with business stakeholders, DevOps and Data engineers to develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Leverage the Mars Digital Engine Framework to find the problem using a user centric approach (Design Thinking), solve it using Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning and automate the solution to scale while delivering in an agile manner
- Enabling & refining the operating model for one demand advanced analytics in partnership with global and in market stakeholders
- Collaborating with functional experts and technology teams on an ongoing basis to ensure quality delivery for the global digital transformation program
- Ensure knowledge and best practices sharing across segments and markets to ensure reusability and improving analytical maturity
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
- Build and develop a high performing team
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, and related field preferred
- Significant experience in Analytics
- Analytics experience in the Consumer Products Good Industry
- Skilled at building and managing relationships, including stakeholder management, able to present to senior leadership crafting a compelling story and explaining capability across people, process, systems and data
- Experience in demand side analytics for a CPG like Perfect Store analytics, SRM or Category analytics is preferred
- Knowledge working in Perfect Store and experience using key internal and external consumer data sources including consumer panel data, first party data (e.g. e-mails, MAIDs), second party data (e.g. JBP (Meta, Amazon), Retailer partnerships (media, loyalty card data),) and 3rd party data (e.g. Kantar, Dynata, Nielsen, IRI).
- Experience in developing analytical models using multi variate regression and build machine learning algorithms using data science experience
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth