We are excited to offer an opportunity to join the Enterprise Architecture team for Mars Snacking at the start of the largest anticipated business transformation. This position is an architect practitioner, who has operated at the highest levels of the trade in a manufacturing company, to be the Solution Architect for Ideate to Scale process globally. This is an internal name for Innovation, R&D, raws and finished goods, formulation/specification, supply and all the systems and data which run these functions culminating in ERP instructions and BOMs (Bill Of Materials, Recipes) in SAP.
In a CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry like ours, the Enterprise Architect – Ideate to Scale has a high rate of interaction with transactional/operational as well as decisioning/analytical process and data to run the business. There are also industry frameworks in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) which have been automated with the likes of SAP and Siemens. This is a solution shaping position with Table stakes required skill in SAP and any S4 innovations in AI as well as upstream functions like new PPM (Project Portfolio Management), product development, quality, R&D, and packaging and artwork. This is a technical position with command of the leading platforms like SAP, Siemens, 3D, its underlying data, and its movement across the sub-functions - typical in the consumer goods industry:
- Discover - business portfolio strategy, PPM, and Innovation. Ideation and prioritization of opportunities & concepts to address strategic business priorities. Platforms and data supporting new product and services Ideas to continuous Innovations to feed into R&D and Operations.
- Development – digitize the process and enable tooling in support of prototyping, experimentation, and finalization of design
- Realization - qualification of design and finalization of product or service specification for first market
- Scale Up - Review and incorporation of learnings for roll-out to remaining markets
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Management; demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10 – 15 years’ technical experience in development with special focus in designing and running R&D and Supply chain systems for CPG. SAP S4 and its integration with PLM and satellite systems.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations for a Process Manufacturing organization
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects including Enterprise Integration technologies and patterns
- Hands on experience background in application development, data, integration, and technology lifecycle management
- Delivering compelling and confident presentations centered on development and design and its value connection to process automation
- Developing trusted relationships across stakeholder groups, key partners such as SAP and partner ecosystem
- You will be comfortable with managing complexity and ambiguity and giving clear advice and leadership to internal and external teams
- You will have a depth of consulting and functional experience of working across SAP Supply Chain business processes; both in the digital core and wider applications
What will be your key responsibilities?
You will be a lead resource that is responsible for influencing and designing innovative software solutions. Facilitates business and IT alignment, connecting strategy to execution, through a cohesive, encouraging, and consultative manner, driving the organization’s digital business strategies and balancing innovation and growth.
Analyze and translate business requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives
Bring to bear industry standard methodologies and templates for the platforms and software– e.g., PLM,
You will establish the technical integrity of the solution and ensure it remains aligned to requirements and delivery throughout project
Position will maintain the alignment, integration, and coordination of architecture activities across different programs, projects and products within R&D and Innovation
Develops and applies minimal viable architectures, which can include a set of standards, reference architecture patterns, principles, and guardrails, through the EA governance model. Clarifies accountability and provides the focal point for agile, effective, and efficient decision making.
Collaborates with delivery teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to leverage shared technologies, tools and processes that impact speed to value and time to market.
Collaborates with infrastructure teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is vital to modify the enterprise architecture.
Provide accurate and timely information to project management team collaborating on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits
Establish, build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external technical peers and build new relationships through networking to support effective delivery and continuous path for evergreening the solutions
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth