This is an exciting opportunity to join a 4-year Apprenticeship, where you will be working towards the Level 3 Engineering Technician qualification. You will take part in fantastic training courses and team building events, whilst tackling real challenges and taking on real responsibility. You’ll need to be a great team player and communicator, with the motivation to get results and a positive mindset. As a Mars Apprentice you will gain a professional qualification, as well as on the job experience.
Salary £17,100 rising on completion of each academic year + annual bonus + benefits.
When we make brands that put smiles on people’s faces and create better moments for millions, we feel a sense of pride in our work! Today, our iconic products like M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, EXTRA® and Skittles® are enjoyed in more than 180 countries.
What are we looking for?
- GCSEs Grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths, English and preferably a Science
- A demonstrable interest in leadership
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to learn
- Willing and able to travel to our Plymouth site and to college.
What would be your key responsibilities?
From your first day at Mars, you’ll get quality mentoring and coaching from our experienced associates, as well as:
- Learning how to maintain our plant
- Learning how to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical faults
- Learning how to repair our equipment
- Applying all relevant Mars quality and safety systems to ensure the safety of people and products is maintained
- Working across various areas in our factory including Mechanical, Electrical and Utilities
On successful completion of the Engineering Apprenticeship you will have demonstrated leadership, and the ability to take ownership and accountability for equipment, carry out complex fault diagnosis and repairs and provide technical coaching to others.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Applications will be reviewed regularly and may close early if we receive a high number of applicants. We currently expect to hold our assessment day on 17th March 2023.
Want to know more about the recruitment process? Visit the Apprenticeship page on our careers website.
We are keen for all applicants to demonstrate their full potential. If you require any support or adjustments during the recruitment process for any reason, including those related to a disability please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth