For more than a century, Mars, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, Mars is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us.
Mars is committed to delivering on our Sustainable in a Generation Plan, with robust sustainability performance data & analytics playing a vital role this delivery. At Mars Petcare, we are taking action on sustainability across our business, with expert teams advancing our plans around the world.
The Global Director of Sustainability Performance Data & Analytics at Mars Petcare ensures consistent, consolidated, and validated sustainability performance data reporting & analysis, which is critical to meeting internal and external reporting requirements. This enables robust management and governance, and compliance with evolving standards requiring high data availability and quality.
This work is essential to informing management reporting and strategic decision-making, ensuring rigorous data standards management and systems, and delivering sound governance and business partnering across Mars and business segments on this topic.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Reporting & Analysis:
- Develops and generates consolidated Petcare sustainability data reports and analytics, in alignment with Mars standards.
- Ensures that current and forecasted sustainability data and analytics effectively inform business decision-making and target setting, enable effective management & governance, and meet reporting requirements with high integrity.
- Engages with relevant colleagues across the organization to ensure data quality and consistency, and improves the quality and availability of data drawing on strong systems.
- Includes an in-depth focus on climate reporting and analytics.
- Leads Petcare engagement on and alignment with relevant teams across the business on sustainability performance data reporting standards, accounting approaches, measurement methodologies, compliance requirements, content assurance, and related changes in these areas over time. Consults and influences to drive mutual outcomes using a business partnering approach.
- Establishes and/or maintains sustainability data assurance or validation processes related to Petcare sustainability data and systems, ensuring full compliance with required internal and external standards.
- Connects and aligns with relevant Petcare data owners, sets and/or strengthens data quality standards, and builds or enhances data quality controls and assurance, ensuring standards are maintained and workflow implemented to ensure all data flows are effective and efficient.
- Designs or reinforces data management structures with relevant teams, ensuring a sustainable reporting cadence that maintains quality and ensures data validation and confirmation.
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient sustainability data systems, sources, processes, and tools are agreed and activated across Petcare, providing guidance as they are effectively and consistently deployed and maintained by business teams. Enables greater frequency of data availability as well as increased data precision and quality. Conducts and shares systems mapping to inform effective development, deployment and improvement over time.
- Leads the development and/or deployment of relevant systems and tools in collaboration with colleagues across relevant teams and their maintenance and/or improvement over time, ensuring alignment of and efficient linkages across systems.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in finance, business, or environmental sustainability
- 8-10 years experience in data and analytics related to sustainability or on equivalent topics, including significant experience in generating, tracking, forecasting and analyzing quantitative data in coordination of relevant teams and in strategic engagement with senior leaders
- Generalist sustainability data technical expertise across all priority focus areas; including experience in carbon accounting and reporting standards and practices, or high willingness & ability to build experience once in role
- Expertise in overseeing data collection and reporting systems, including validation and/or assurance requirements and processes, and as aligned with regulatory and voluntary disclosure standards and requirements
- Provides capability building or training on sustainability data reporting, analytics, standards and systems as needed within Petcare.
- Requires excellent business partnership, strategic agility, and business acumen to ensure relevance and efficiency of systems and processes, and to maintain and build strong working relationships across diverse business teams
- Ability to facilitate and navigate complex and sensitive data discussions to influence business processes, governance & systems, maintaining confidentiality
- High attention to detail, precision and focus on quality work outputs
- Demonstrated creativity in problem solving and the ability to take ideas to implementation
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills across diverse global teams
- Travel will be required, including international travel – approx. 10-20% of time
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth