Area Reliability Technician
King’s Lynn, Norfolk
Weekday Shifts (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Package from £37,400 - £46,750 (includes annual company bonus plus benefits)
Mars have been a global company, and family-owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
We have an opportunity in our Mars Food factory for an Engineer to join and drive a reduction in technical downtime impacting TRS (SLA – Service level agreement) and RFT (Right first time) through the successful implementation of area reliability strategy and specific projects to reduce asset downtime.
The role will lead others in the successful identification, planning and delivery of tasks, to deliver improvements to the Area of ownership, working closely with peers and operators in driving best practice across the factory in their area of responsibility.
The technician will be relied on to use sound judgement to help solve critical production stoppages. The role will have reactive elements, responding to break down situations and operational escalations. The proactive elements of the role will include planned maintenance tasks scheduling and opportunities for Continuous Improvement work.
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND in an electrical, mechanical, or mechatronic engineering discipline OR suitable experience
- Experience in problem solving and Root Cause Analysis of technical issues
- Ability to implement reliability Preventative Maintenance strategies.
- Practical technical engineering skills
- Self-motivation and autonomous working skills
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Owner and technical expert of assets in area of responsibility – owner of technical downtime, implementing and providing feedback for continuous improvement of reliability strategy and physical support for area downtime
- Identification and close out of problems through RCA (Root cause analysis) methodology problem solving and asset care strategy- CBM (Condition based monitoring)/RCM (Reliability centred maintenance)/MSE (Mars Supply Excellence)
- To diagnose and fix plant and site services reliability and breakdown issues across their responsibility area (help or cover shift team)
- Ownership of Preventative Maintenance strategy for area (PM plans, greasing, cleaning plans and spare parts strategy) and drive technical and RFT losses in area
- Owner of maintenance planning for area ensuring PM completion and quality is of world class standard
- Responsible for the input into the site AHC(Asset Health Check) strategy, identifying key assets that require upgrade
- Ownership of specific projects to deliver a reduction in asset criticality site wide
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth