The Bucharest Tech Hub is an essential part of LucaNet's transformation into a cloud-native SaaS platform. Founded in 2023, its purpose is to facilitate the evolution of our Corporate Performance Management product and guide our award-winning software into the future. Our collaborative roadmap is the blueprint for aligning the work of our German and Romanian teams to achieve success together.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will nurture our Romania-based Scrum teams to deliver a high standard of work while maintaining a focus on our shared goals. You will mentor your team members, facilitating their growth in line with our Company Values.
How you'll empower the team:
- Guiding development teams of 10+ people, providing direction and aligning efforts so all members are working cooperatively towards shared objectives. This involves managing the team's workload, assigning tasks, and ensuring everyone has the resources they need to succeed.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand requirements and translating those into technical specifications that meet business needs.
- Ensuring quality and performance by implementing testing strategies, reviewing code, and identifying and addressing performance issues together.
- Coaching and Mentoring team members to facilitate their professional and personal growth. This involves providing feedback, identifying development opportunities, and creating an environment for advancement.
Skills we'd love to see:
- Java Software Engineering experience - While not a hands-on role, you'll coach the team to deliver high quality Java code and use frameworks like Spring Boot to build new services as we evolve our architecture.
- Engineering Best Practices - Understanding software engineering and quality best practices is key to maintaining excellent standards as a team. You'll have a vision for ensuring quality through the build process.
- SaaS Transformation or Build Experience - Platform engineering expertise (AWS microservices, DevOps) is valuable. You'll draw on past experiences to guide the team forward, and contribute to system designs in collaboration with the Architecture team.
- People Leadership - Leading, developing and supporting your team is vital for an inclusive, high-performing culture. We want our teams to inspire others to join our collaborative mission.
Perks at work
- LucaFlex – We enable you to determine your work schedule and location according to your needs
- Team Spirit – We work as a team and like to celebrate as a team, so we take any opportunity to get together, learn together, and celebrate together
- Learning & Development – We encourage you to pursue knowledge and inspiration and give you the time, space, and budget to do so
- Charity Time – We support you in taking the time to do some good
- Health & Wellbeing – We care about your mental health and wellbeing and provide you with the programs to stay fit, productive, and get the support you need
- Generous vacations – We encourage you to take time off to relax, travel, and recharge
- LucaNet.Engage – We support your personal and professional development in a targeted manner with our employee development process
Powered by uniqueness
Everybody’s different here and we like it that way. At LucaNet, we are powered by the uniqueness of our people and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone can grow and feels respected. The more voices we have represented in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking.
That’s why we only want to assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. You are welcome at LucaNet for who you are, no matter your gender identity, sexual orientations, personal expression, racial identity, ethnicity, religious belief, and disability status.
People don’t fit into neat boxes, we know that. If you think you’d excel in this position, even if you don’t cover all points, we really want to get to know you and why you’re great for the role. Please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV.
We asked employees of LucaNet how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at LucaNet
Gender diversity (male:female)
Berlin, Mönchengladbach, Munich, Vienna, Ghent, Shanghai, Paris, Amsterdam, Singapore, Madrid, Erlinsbach, Lausanne, London, Atlanta, Bucharest