Remote-first – You choose when to come into the office
Fully flexible hours
As LucaNet begin our exciting transformation to a cloud native SaaS platform, we are opening a brand new Tech Hub in Bucharest to drive the evolution of our Corporate Performance Management product and cement our place as a leader in this market.
These hires will augment our existing Software Engineering capability to support the transformation of our Corporate Performance Management product. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will utilise your technical knowledge to transition our product from its existing monolithic codebase into a cloud-native SaaS platform.
This role is suited to forward-thinking Backend Engineers that are looking to take the next step in their career. You may already have experience building Java microservices in a transformation environment, and this is an opportunity to use these skills to build on our position as a market leader in the industry.
Powered by uniqueness
Everybody’s different here and we like it that way. At LucaNet, we are powered by the uniqueness of our people and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone can grow and feels respected. The more voices we have represented in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking.
That’s why we only want to assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. You are welcome at LucaNet for who you are, no matter your gender identity, sexual orientations, personal expression, racial identity, ethnicity, religious belief, and disability status.
People don’t fit into neat boxes, we know that. If you think you’d excel in this position, even if you don’t cover all points, we really want to get to know you and why you’re great for the role. Please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV.
Learn more about our culture and D&I journey
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain high-quality software applications using Java and related technologies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software solutions that meet business needs.
- Identify and troubleshoot complex software issues, providing solutions in a timely manner.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members.
What you bring to the table
- Backend Software Engineering - our codebase is Java-based, and the new platform will use the Quarkus framework. We take advantage of AWS services for deployment and hosting.
- Software engineering best practices - you will be responsible for your own code, ensuring it is robust and readable.
- Problem solving mindset - this will be a challenging project, which will require you to remain positive and solution-focused when difficult situations arise.
- Project ownership and accountability - you‘ll use your experience to make important day to day decisions that influence your ability to meet project deadlines.
Perks at work
- LucaFlex – We enable you to determine your work schedule and location according to your needs
- Team Spirit – We work as a team and like to celebrate as a team, so we take any opportunity to get together, learn together, and celebrate together
- Learning & Development – We encourage you to pursue knowledge and inspiration and give you the time, space, and budget to do so
- Charity Time – We support you in taking the time to do some good
- Health & Wellbeing – We care about your mental health and wellbeing and provide you with the programs to stay fit, productive, and get the support you need
- Generous vacations – We encourage you to take time off to relax, travel, and recharge
- LucaNet.Engage – We support your personal and professional development in a targeted manner with our employee development process
- Compensation and Company Pension Plan – We are committed to Fair Pay as well as supporting our people also for their future with a company pension plan and/or pension allowance.
We asked employees of LucaNet how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at LucaNet
Gender diversity (male:female)
Berlin, Mönchengladbach, Munich, Vienna, Ghent, Shanghai, Paris, Amsterdam, Singapore, Madrid, Erlinsbach, Lausanne, London, Atlanta
What employees are saying
I love the fact that LucaNet is a global, inclusive and fast-growing tech company, where everyone gets heard, can create its own success stories and can actually participate in the success/value creation!
Anonymous LucaNet Employee
More roles at LucaNet
- (Senior) DACH Event & Webinar Manager (all genders)
- Business Analyst
- Manager | Consulting Services DACH (all genders)
- Regional Marketing Manager (all genders)
- Work Student - Sales Operations
- Senior Frontend Engineer (All Genders)
- (Senior) Account Executive - DE
- (Senior) Account Manager
- Vice President Product (all genders)
- Global People Analytics Manager (all genders)
- HR Generalist (All Genders)
- (Junior) Channel Development Manager (all genders)
- Business Development Representative (all genders)
- Team Lead Consulting | Finance (all genders)
- Vice President Customer Excellence (all genders)
- (Senior) Customer Marketing Manager (all genders)
- Technical Support Consultant (all genders)
- Lead Java Developer (all genders)
- Assistant to the Leadership Team (all genders)
- Team Lead Marketing | International Markets (all genders)
- (Senior) Marketing Manager DACH (all genders)
- (Senior) Consultant | Controlling & Accounting (all genders)
- (Junior) Consultant | Controlling & Accounting (all genders)
- Senior Technical Service Engineer | Technical Operational Services (all genders)
- Technical Service Associate | Technical Operational Services (all genders)
- User Support Consultant (all genders)
- Unsolicited Application
- (Senior) SEO Manager (all genders)
- Senior Consultant | Corporate Finance (all gender)
- International Consultant | Controlling & Accounting (all genders)
- Consultant | Controlling & Accounting (all genders)
- (Junior) Data Engineer (all genders)
- Analytics Engineer (all gender)
- Team Lead Controlling (all gender)
- Engineering Manager (All Genders)
- Product Owner - Focus Salesforce (all genders)
- Head of Engineering (All Genders)
- Java Developer (all genders)
- (Associate) Consultant | Corporate Finance (all genders)
- (Senior) Consultant | Planning Excellence (all genders)
- (Senior) Customer Success Manager (all genders)
- UX/UI Lead (all genders)