In this role, you'll:
- Turn concepts and requirements into exceptional, highly available, quality web applications using industry-standard languages and technologies.
- Deliver exceptional software solutions to specification and on schedule to provide an engaging customer experience.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Participate in the definition of the scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Play a proactive part in owning your team’s outputs; taking responsibility for code quality, security and scalability, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required.
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes.
- Participate in code reviews and embrace peer feedback on your work.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the customer and business stakeholders.
Commercial experience of working in software development or demonstrable experience in the following is essential:
- Angular 12+ (including unit tests)
- Cypress (for E2E and integration testing)
- Jenkins, Gitlab, Git
- Experience working with Splunk, Adobe analytics.
- Understanding, or experience of accessibility best practice
Some of the following would be a bonus too:
- Use of version control, Git/SVN
- History of working with QA and testing teams to deliver a quality product
- Working knowledge of databases and dynamic content is desirable
- Ability to produce accurate documentation
- Ability to analyse information and solve problems
At Leighton, how you approach your work is just as important as what you can deliver, we love colleagues that:
- Are open and genuine communicators
- Are able to take responsibility for your actions
- Are always learning and wanting to improve
- Take responsibility for own development
- Love what you do
- Value and support your team
- Embrace who you are
- Are open-minded and willing to explore new ideas
What we offer
We value our team and to attract exceptional people we offer an excellent package. You can look forward to:
- A competitive salary, aligned to your skills and experience.
- An enhanced pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, flexible Bank Holidays that you can take any time to suit you, plus we have a 5-day buy/sell scheme for extra flexibility.
- Earn extra £’s by referring future colleagues, customers and innovative business ideas.
- We care - 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme to support with mental, physical and financial well-being.
- We are flexible – why should you have to struggle to balance everything you want to do? At Leighton we have flexible hours, remote working and plenty of holidays.
- We are social – lunch time learning events, games nights, quizzes and sports events.
- We are growing – which means there are lots of opportunities for you to take on new roles, work with new customers or learn new skills.
We asked employees of Leighton how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Leighton
Gender diversity (male:female)