We are recruiting for an experienced space and concept design Designer for a maternity cover position. You will be involved in the concept design of spaces including structural alterations, kitchen, furnishings, fixtures and fittings, lighting, and colour schemes of our point of sales.
You will work in a range of commercial settings (retail, travel retail, etc.) with different concepts and brands. The job combines the efficient and functional use of space with an understanding of aesthetics. You will guarantee the application of the different brand across the different markets and formats. You will support the Concept Department in deploying concepts, new offer, integrating new equipment’s, new tech, always considering operations flow and marketing synergy.
You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary scrum teams using your fluent French and English language skills to communicate with other teams and departments across our pan-European business
This is a great opportunity for a team-player to be at the heart of company concept development and make a direct impact on the company growth.
- Department – Marketing
- Reporting to – Concept Manager
- Direct reports – None
- Location: Paris, France, 3 days in office
- Working with (external and internal relationships) – Concept Manager, local teams and Country Managers of 6 countries, Kiosk suppliers
WHAT YOU DO
- Develop initial ideas and acquire key information about potential projects, discuss requirements in detail (the brief) and set project schedules
- Understand the needs of the people using the building to develop design concepts and establish final briefs
- Consider materials and costs according to budgets and negotiate project fees
- Research and gather information and photographs relating to the project
- Produce 'sample' or 'mood' boards to present
- Source products, e.g., fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration, and dressing, and provide samples
- Prepare detailed working drawings, designs, plans, models, and schemes, often using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Work in a team with other designers
- Supervise work at the design stage and on site
- Work closely with builders and suppliers to establish costs and work schedules, with stakeholders to determine the best use of space, and with manufacturers
- Come with innovation solution thinking out of the box. Keep up to date with new developments in the design industry
- Act as a project manager on some key projects such as new concept or format
WHO YOU ARE
- Relevant degree, foundation degree of space and graphic design (3D design, art and design, interior architecture, interior design, spatial design) or significant experience and creative flair
- A high level of technical knowledge, including CAD (SKETCHUP and AUTOCAD is a plus because our current Software) and model-making skills
- Good drawing skills, including perspective drawing and spatial awareness
- Creativity and imagination
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to write briefs, promote and explain ideas, and build relationships with clients
- An awareness of building and safety regulations
- Knowledge of the wider construction and design industries
- Project-management skills, including the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Organisational and creative problem-solving skills
- Good at building relationships and working with multiple stakeholders
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- A flexible attitude
- Aptitude to learn and adapt
- You are fluent in English and French
- You are accurate with a strong analytical, critical mind and problem solving.
- You respect tight deadlines, and you are flexible to respect them.
- You take initiative to improve things and you have a strong hands-on mentality
Do you want to share your expertise and your values? We are an equal opportunity employer, join us!
We asked employees of KellyDeli how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at KellyDeli
London, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Dusseldorf, Malmo, Monterrey, Amsterdam, Brussels, Denmark