Please note, due to the nature of this role, we can not consider applications from individuals who are not living in the UK with the full right to work without the need for sponsorship.
The Product team at Improbable Defence is responsible for the design of valuable and desirable products and an underlying synthetic environment platform that users need, and that align closely with business goals, enabling our customers to save money and save lives.
We are building simulation-enhanced decision support tools for planners, policy designers, and decision makers, so that they can use synthetic environments to evaluate, analyse, and respond to the challenges they face. There are various elements to this.
Firstly, users can experience and interact with their environment using a geospatial dashboard for improved situational awareness, drawing conclusions and forming structured plans. Secondly, the tool is an interface to the simulation engine. Users can run complex models, many times, at scale. A critical part of the value we deliver for clients is letting them use complex data generated by models, which results in better analytics. Our task is to design and build solutions for visualising this information both geospatially and temporally. The data visualisation work is done in close collaboration with scientific modellers in the division.
- Executing the design process end to end, from discovery to delivery, as part of an agile Product team.
- Lead/participate in user research and product development workshops with support from our Product Researchers.
- Gather and translate insight into design concepts to test and validate design directions and decisions.
- Develop trustful and collaborative relationships with colleagues, our customers (clients), and end users.
- Develop knowledge of the defence industry and our users to make informed design decisions.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Owners, and engineering and model engineering teams to define and prioritise features.
- Collaborate with engineers to implement designs to the highest quality.
- Contribute to and be an owner of our design and component system.
- Advocate the value and benefits of Design Thinking across the business and with our customers.
Why Your Made For This:
- Experience working in an agile team, and advocating good practice, in end-to-end product design processes from discovery to delivery.
- Experience and demonstrable expertise in engaging and influencing customers and stakeholders to achieve optimal, user-centred outcomes.
- Fluent in modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns.
- Proven experience and aptitude translating complex technical subject matter to user requirements and solutions.
- Experience of shipping digital products.
- Good prototyping skills at different fidelities.
- Ability to produce production-level visual and interaction design.
- Some experience in conducting exploratory and evaluative research activities and the synthesis of insight to inform design decisions.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative working style.
- Experience with data visualisation and/or geographic information system (GIS).
We asked employees of Improbable how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Improbable
Spitalfields, London (next to Liverpool Street Station)