The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Working in a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry leading game projects. Working alongside the Lead Software Engineer/Technical Director and stakeholders to extract requirements and help define solutions. Spearhead and oversee code implementation and delivery by the backend team on genre defining titles.
Please note this position is fully remote based out of Spain 🇪🇸
What you'll be doing:
- Individual contribution: construct systems, write code, deployments, etc.
- Extract requirements and advise on solutions, working alongside the Lead to provide high profile support to the client
- Work with the team and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work with the team to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Lead development through individual contribution
- Set and maintain high quality standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code architecture skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create high level documentation, diagrams, designs, etc
- Ability to advise team members on technical and production matters
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA), especially Kubernetes and Docker
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g. Terraform
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable
- Experience developing server backends for AAA games, free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps or similar
We asked employees of Improbable how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Improbable
Spitalfields, London (next to Liverpool Street Station)