Hubble is the future of work, pushing every day to improve the working lives of people all over the world.
By equipping businesses with the tools they need to satisfy the growing demand for flexibility, we deliver workplace experiences that work for all, whether it’s a full-time office by the month or access to on-demand workspaces in close to 1,000 locations worldwide.
What we're looking for
We're looking for product engineers, to help our team grow and scale our product. We have big plans, and we'd love for you to be a part of them.
Our stack is React on Next.js, backed by Django and Postgres. We don’t expect you to come in with a complete knowledge of everything in our stack; rather, we're looking for candidates who are familiar with the concepts of modern web development.
This role is remote, but if you'd like, you'll be able to work from our Southwark office. And you'll also be able to use our class-leading Hubble Pass product to book yourself into coworking spaces across the UK and around the world. We're big believers in using what we build. (Note: this position is only open to applicants resident in the UK.)
Our team prides itself on a healthy work-life balance. We try to keep our work fun and engaging, but we end our days on time and keep weekends to ourselves. We deeply value career growth, and offer dedicated in-work time for education, as well as regular hack days. You won't need to put in extra hours just to advance your career.
You’ll have an impact quickly, too: most engineers ship a change by the end of their first day. Our process is lightweight, and focused on moving quickly, while maintaining a high standard of quality. Working with our diverse team of full-stack engineers, you'll be given lots of opportunities to guide our architecture, shape our culture, and demonstrate your leadership abilities.
Sound interesting? We'd love to chat.
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
At the core of Hubble is a belief that diverse teams make for more complete teams. Our goal is for Hubble's team to be representative of our customers. Hubble is a welcoming work environment, and we would love for you to join us, no matter your background. Hubble is LGBTQ+ friendly, has employees from all sorts of ethnic backgrounds, and aims for gender balance.
These requirements are only a guide. Experience comes in all shapes and sizes, and you don't need to meet or exceed everything on this list in order to do this job well. We think of these more as career goals than job prerequisites; that is, if your application is successful, then with a bit of time on the job, you'll easily meet each of these requirements. What we value most is a learning mindset, a genuine curiosity, and a desire for growth. So, if you think you're capable, please apply anyway.
For the purposes of this section:
familiar means you know of, generally understand, and are interested in a topic;
experience means you are familiar with, and have successfully used, a given topic in a commercial environment;
in-depth experience means you have experience in, and would describe yourself as an expert in, a given topic.
- 2+ years commercial experience building software
- Be able to contribute to the product process, by offering ideas, critiquing requirements, and feeding back as necessary. Work as a part of a team, pairing with other engineers, and knowing when to ask for or offer help to your fellow engineers
- Experience doing automated testing (unit, integration, e2e), knowing what to test, and effective practices for how to test it. Feel at home using Jest, Cypress, and Python's unittest.
- Experience creating semantically-correct HTML and well-scoped CSS
- Familiarity with React, or experience using a comparable component-oriented library like Vue or Angular
- Familiarity with Django and Python, or experience using a comparable backend framework with an ORM
- Familiarity with full-stack development, able to switch between backend and frontend contexts as required.
- Familiarity with developer tooling, including: Docker, *nix, Webpack/Babel, pip/pipenv, npm/yarn, linting tools (eslint, flake8), formatting tools (prettier, black), and Visual Studio Code
Hubble prides itself as a high-quality employer, with a consistent 5* Glassdoor rating, a team NPS score of 80+ and won Property Week’s Best Places to Work, twice in a row, across 4 categories.
We make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working and have a relaxed attitude to taking holiday - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
We live what we preach and Hubble has always worked hybrid, with time spent in our HQ for culture and collaboration and the flexibility to work from anywhere on other days.
Here are some of the other benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity options.
- Pension contributions.
- Private medical insurance.
- Regular social events (Climbing, gaming, book & music groups…).
- Quarterly away days
- On-demand access to a large network of central, local and global co-working spaces.
- Macbook and peripherals and WFH equipment.
- Spotify Premium or Apple Music.
- Kindle Unlimited + free technical books.
Our mission is to improve the working lives of 1m people by 2025 starting from within. We're a friendly and diverse team with a mix of different backgrounds, races and genders and we want to continue this as we grow!
We're really proud of our values, which have been created collectively as an organisation to highlight what we believe are most important in fostering an excellent work environment and building a product that customers really love:
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Hubble provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Hubble is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Hubble
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
26: 28 (M:F)
241 Southwark Bridge Road, SE1 6FP